You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Keeping Pets Healthy on Limited Income

Message 1 of 3

In Response to Keeping Pets Healthy on Limited Income by ceoriacoates

This is a great time for an important piece of advice for everyone: take all prescribed medications fully, to the end of the recommended dosage instructions.  Even if your cat (or dog) appears to be feeling better, don't stop the medication, especially if it's an antibiotic.

Dr. Marty Becker

"America's Veterinarian" 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Keeping Pets Healthy on Limited Income

Message 2 of 3

I have a six year old female cat who has a urinary tract infection and I have been treating her with Natural Pet Pharmaceuticals for felines Urinary Tract Infections.  She is on her second bottle (4 oz. size, ll8 ML) since the end of September.  I put it in her drinking water and in a tablespoon of soft food twice a day.  She is now urinating her natural amount prior to the infection and loves receiving the soft food with the medicine in it.  Prior to to the infection, she received half a can of soft food in the evening since she would have dry food in her bowl (l/2 cup) daily to last all day.

I must state that I have had three cats, one male and two females, who have had urinary tract infections so I do recognize the symptoms.

My question  to Dr. Marty is should I stop the medication now that she seems to be back to normal and I might say she is more active, ripping and running all over the place.  She loves taking the medicine and looks forward to receiving her Tablespoon full twice a day. I would appreciate opinions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Keeping Pets Healthy on Limited Income

Message 2 of 3

I have a six year old female cat who has a urinary tract infection and I have been treating her with Natural Pet Pharmaceuticals for felines Urinary Tract Infections.  She is on her second bottle (4 oz. size, ll8 ML) since the end of September.  I put it in her drinking water and in a tablespoon of soft food twice a day.  She is now urinating her natural amount prior to the infection and loves receiving the soft food with the medicine in it.  Prior to to the infection, she received half a can of soft food in the evening since she would have dry food in her bowl (l/2 cup) daily to last all day.

I must state that I have had three cats, one male and two females, who have had urinary tract infections so I do recognize the symptoms.

My question  to Dr. Marty is should I stop the medication now that she seems to be back to normal and I might say she is more active, ripping and running all over the place.  She loves taking the medicine and looks forward to receiving her Tablespoon full twice a day. I would appreciate opinions.

Kudos
Views
Replies