From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Jewel and Curley

Message 1 of 7
Thank you for your comments.... I just posted a phot of Curley and Jewel
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
Thank you for your comments.....I just posted a photo of Curley and Jewel
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7
Thank you for your comments....I just posted a photo of Curley and Jewel.
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

I don't care how long a beloved pet has been gone, they all have their own personalities and they leave imprints on your heart. Memories that you just don't ever forget.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I had a beautiful black standard poodle that I thought of breeding when I first got her, so I didn't have her spayed.  However, the first time I tried to match her up with a male she was terrified and I never tried to put her through that again.  Each time she would go into "season" she would bring out a special sqweek toy.  It was yellow and looked faintly "bone" shaped.  She would walk around the house with her "baby" in her mouth, only putting it down long enough to eat and drink.  She would lie on her back and hold the toy on her chest where she would talk to it, sometimes mashing it so it would sound too.  Once I took it away from her and it broke her heart and mine too, the way she was crying.  I gave it back and never took it away again.  

This whole process would last several weeks and then the "baby" would disappear until the next time she went into season.  She finally got breast cancer and when they did surgery on her breast I had them spay her too.  I never saw the toy again.  She's been gone about 10 years now and I still don't know where she hid it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@maparks wrote:
Jewel was my Dalmatian and she has passed on now but she always dig up dog chews in the yard after Curley hides them. I always get after her because I thought she was digging up the lawn when in fact she is just looking for the chews Curley has hidden and chewing it herself. Now that Jewel is gone I can't figure out where Curley has hidden his chews and a couple of stuff toys that belonged to Jewel. I am still searching for them.

Welcome to AARP Online Community, maparks, and thanks for your post about Jewel and Curley.  I am sorry Jewel is no longer with you and Curley.  Sounds like she and Curley had quite a routine going on there!  I really liked your post.  We have a nice group of posters who have a soft spot in their hearts for dogs in particular - I imagine you might hear from some of them.  If you have any other stories about Jewel and/or Curley that you would like to share, I would like to read them. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Jewel and Curley

Message 7 of 7
Jewel was my Dalmatian and she has passed on now but she always dig up dog chews in the yard after Curley hides them. I always get after her because I thought she was digging up the lawn when in fact she is just looking for the chews Curley has hidden and chewing it herself. Now that Jewel is gone I can't figure out where Curley has hidden his chews and a couple of stuff toys that belonged to Jewel. I am still searching for them.
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies