Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How do Animals help you?

Message 1 of 27

I am pet sitting this Christmas week for a cat who sustained a foot/hind leg pulled muscle strain right before his owners went on vacation. They had to take him to the vet and then passed along to me the special care he needed while they were away.  This cat is so adorable!  He's an older cat who has been making improved progress every day with his walking and getting around. He started out limping pretty heavily because of his hind leg but this morning he is moving around much more easily and lightly on that leg. I basically let him rest when he wants to and I don't pick him up in order to cuddle the adorable big cat.  However, when I sit down on the floor he walks up and sits next to me for a while, and then I can pet (cuddle) him.  I don't want to pick him up and place undue pressure on his hind leg in the process. He loves attention and purrs a lot! 

--Molly
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

I love that animals are innocent. That makes my mischievious young male kitty very forgiveable when he is naughty.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27
Me too - happy to see a like-minded person ... I LOVE PEOPLE & spend lots of time with them - I do NOT need to be needed by any other species & I get unconditional love from everyone I love !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

My animals make me move.  Let them out, let them in, feed them, exercise them, groom them. Just think of all that exercise just to take care of animals.  They also give comfort, relieve stress,  give love, and in general just make me feel better.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

I am happy you have them, I think we all need a living breathing human or animal friend in our lives to share life with. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

I have 2 cats who have saved me.  They are qualified therapy animals and I cannot see my life going on without them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

I am a cat co-dependent and for 65 years, have loved having them around to keep me company and entertain me. In return, I make sure they are healthy and housed, neutered and not causing trouble to anyone. Watching them sleep calms me down, and snuggling with them keeps me warm in winter. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27
I feel sorry for you. Nothing like a pet that gives unconditional love. Thanks to my dogs, I walk 25 miles per week, physically fit and never have a weight problem.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27
I too have had goats in the past. My goat was named "J. Fred Goat" He was like a dog. Followed us everywhere and would go fishing with us. Always had chickens that free range in my yard. This winter they are living in my cellar so I can keep them warm. They are spoiled!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27
Three years ago I took in a rescue kitten that was returned to the shelter 3X for she scratched and bit. Named her Gemma . Took 1 year before she jumped in my lap. Now I can't keep her off my lap. She is also very social to any visitors I have.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors