Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: How do Animals help you?

Message 1 of 26

I love that animals are innocent. That makes my mischievious young male kitty very forgiveable when he is naughty.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 26
Me too - happy to see a like-minded person ... I LOVE PEOPLE & spend lots of time with them - I do NOT need to be needed by any other species & I get unconditional love from everyone I love !
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 26

My animals make me move.  Let them out, let them in, feed them, exercise them, groom them. Just think of all that exercise just to take care of animals.  They also give comfort, relieve stress,  give love, and in general just make me feel better.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 26

I am happy you have them, I think we all need a living breathing human or animal friend in our lives to share life with. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 26

I have 2 cats who have saved me.  They are qualified therapy animals and I cannot see my life going on without them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 26

I am a cat co-dependent and for 65 years, have loved having them around to keep me company and entertain me. In return, I make sure they are healthy and housed, neutered and not causing trouble to anyone. Watching them sleep calms me down, and snuggling with them keeps me warm in winter. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 26
I feel sorry for you. Nothing like a pet that gives unconditional love. Thanks to my dogs, I walk 25 miles per week, physically fit and never have a weight problem.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 26
I too have had goats in the past. My goat was named "J. Fred Goat" He was like a dog. Followed us everywhere and would go fishing with us. Always had chickens that free range in my yard. This winter they are living in my cellar so I can keep them warm. They are spoiled!
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 26
Three years ago I took in a rescue kitten that was returned to the shelter 3X for she scratched and bit. Named her Gemma . Took 1 year before she jumped in my lap. Now I can't keep her off my lap. She is also very social to any visitors I have.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 26

I love animals.  Currently I have two dogs, both rescues, but almost all of my dogs have been rescues.  Flora is a 10 year old golden Lab whom I adopted when she was 4.  She'd been kept in a cage for breeding and chewed her way out of the cage and was found wandering the streets.  A Lab rescue group found her, and I adopted her soon after.  Once she overcame her fear of everyone and everything, she became the sweetest, most loving pet you can imagine.  At that time I had a large mixed breed and they got along at first sight.  He died a year ago at age 14, and about 6 months ago, and after trying several dogs, we adopted a 4 year old, 93 pound German Shepherd with an unknown back ground.  We named him Beacon, because he was like a beacon of light when he came into our home. He and Flora were best pals right away.  Both dogs shower my husband and me with affection, even though Beacon's affection is a bit on the slobbery side.  They keep us company when we work on the farm, and are always near us in the house.   Right now Flora is here in my office "protecting" me while Beacon is with my husband.   The dogs give us unconditional love, which is good for all of us.  Then there are the three  large goats,  If I could potty train them I'm let them inside the house, too, except Beacon would eat them.  The goats are very affectionate and love to be petted. When I feed them, they all nuzzle me, and love to get brushed.  I walk around and they follow me like I'm the Pied Piper.  Last there are the 19 chickens, including hens and roosters, and our new baby hen who was born on the 4th of July.  I named her Independence.  I once had a rooster named Peeping Tom who liked to ride on my arm, and another named Mozart who rode on the back of the goats.  Althoug the chickens aren't as affectionate as the four legged animals, all these animals in my barnyard and house give love.  I can talk to them and they listen without criticizm.  They don't complain about anything, and love to be with me.  What more could a person ask?  I feel bad for those who don't know the love for and from and animal.

Kudos
Views