Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: How do Animals help you?

Message 21 of 26

My 3 cats are the most wonderful companions.  They make me smile with their antics, especially the youngest one, Zander LeMew.  He's only 5 months old and so full of energy.  He's all over the place.  My girls, Savi-Anna & Jingle are sensitive to my moods.  If I'm feeling down, one of them will snuggle up to me & purr, which always makes me feel better.  Feeding, petting & cleaning the litter box is so little in exchange for the love & comfort they provide.  Life without cats?  I don't think so!

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 22 of 26

My dogs keep me very mobile - they have to be put out, let back in, fed, exercised,etc,etc.  They also give unconditional love no matter how you look or feel.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 26

@MollyKateri  That's a great thing about animals: they do pick up a lot about how we are feeling and how well we are.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 26

Hi! I love animals. I do pet sitting sometimes (a dog and a cat); however, the dog recently passed away from old age. He was an old English Bulldog that was absolutely loveable. Since I am older and he was older it was a perfect companionship to walk him and care for him while his owners were away traveling. One time I wasn't walking as fast as I normally would, and, I think he sensed it, because he slowed down his pace of walking for me. He was so cute. 

The cat is old too and still living. I found his affectionate display of always wanting to sit on my lap while caring for him was a loving gesture by this old cat.

--Molly
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 26

Lahayle58 wrote:

100_0757 (1).JPGAnimals are a person's best friendAnimals are a person's best friend wanted to share my service dog.  His name is Dubby. I am Grateful to God for finding the right match.  Does any of you own a pet? What kind of pet do you have?  Have they enriched your life?

He licks my face when He knows I am going to have a seizure or a panic attack.

Thanks for reading.  Please respond if you want.

@Lahayle58  Your fur baby/service dog looks like a sweetie. Smiley Happy And it sounds like he does a good job, too. 

I don't have a pet, but live around a lot of animals; some domestic, some feral.  I get to watch other people's barn cats hunt our rocky ridge of a backyard, get to talk to neighbor dogs, watch the championship horsewoman in the valley training, hear alpaca crying, cows mooing, donkey's braying and goats bleating.  I sometimes get to watch as a nearby flock of homing pigeons get their daily workout.  And there's no telling what wildlife I'll encounter each time I open my front door. There have been bison and yak herds nearby, though those fields are currently empty. We also have loads of local llama. Oh, and one farmer up the road is raising swine now. Right, then there's the chickens, guineas and turkeys afoot. Smiley Happy Never a dull moment.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Conversationalist

How do Animals help you?

Message 26 of 26

Animals are a person's best friendAnimals are a person's best friend wanted to share my service dog.  His name is Dubby. I am Grateful to God for finding the right match.  Does any of you own a pet? What kind of pet do you have?  Have they enriched your life?

He licks my face when He knows I am going to have a seizure or a panic attack.

Thanks for reading.  Please respond if you want.

Cynthia Early