Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: From the Subways to the Sofa: Pet Rats

Message 1 of 4

Meh, not into rats.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Rats are supposed to be very intelligent & affectionate, and hardier than some other little critters; it wouldn't bother me to have a rodent as a pet!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

OK  I thought I would post something different to the dog and cat forum : )   Apparently there are lovers of pet rats and they have plenty of good things to say about these animals.

I remember my son having a hamster habitat that took up the entire dining room table, cost some bucks and was eventually given away as well as a gerbil or some such thing.  They were kind of entertaining in the habitat and he took them outside but somehow I don't see me taking my pet rat to Central Park.   Anyone else?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

From the Subways to the Sofa: Pet Rats

Message 4 of 4

When Breonne Rittinger, 21, and her boyfriend, Taylor Cowan, 27, were looking for a pet last year, they considered their options.

As models who traveled often, the couple wanted a pet that required less oversight. They shared an apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with two other people, and one of their roommates already had two cats. A dog didn’t seem feasible.

So Ms. Rittinger had an idea: rats.

Now they have three.

“I’ve definitely turned into a crazy rat lady,” Ms. Rittinger said while her rat Zelda stashed Cheerios in Mr. Cowan’s backpack and another rat, Nibbler, raced through an empty LaCroix box in her cage. “But I’m totally O.K. with that.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/nyregion/new-yorkers-adopting-rats-as-pets.html?em_pos=medium&emc...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet