Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FUNNY PET STORIES

Message 1 of 15

I have two little dogs and have accumulated a number of amusing stories over the years I've had them, however, my submission is one I just read online.  It came about because of a "miscommunication" and ends with everyone getting over their initial shock and seeing the humor in the situation.  The cat?  He handles it with his usual aplomb!

https://www.thedodo.com/close-to-home/cat-groomer-cat-mask?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=51617&utm_c...

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

IMG_20150618_132847.jpg

When Tropical Storm Bill wisked a tiny baby kitten down stream, and she washed up near our storm drain, Sapphire was quick to adopt the helpless orphan.

Just because she had been spayed did not mean she could not have a puppy and species was not an issue for our Sapphire.

It is two years later now and Sapphire still insists this is her puppy.  We have seven cats and four dogs, but if Sapphire hears you in another room asking the cats "who's the dog" Sapphire will run into the room and put her nose on her kitty to tell you not to forget that she IS the dog.

IMG_20150626_215833.jpg

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

My dog and cat were best friends.  I don't have either one of them anymore but they brought such joy to my life.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15
One of the funniest things my dog did was at the off-leash dog park. She ran past me and snatched a small bag from the hand of a woman walking ahead of me. It was a poop bag!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15
My mother-in-law's dog ate a pound of Fanny May chocolates and had no ill effects.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

IMG_0121.JPGHere is my American Cocker, Chinook, harassing a couple of Canadians for their papers.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

We had a Shetland Sheepdog & a domestic cat. The Sheltie would continuously bark & go at us when the phone rang, which made it difficult for us to answer any calls. One night I was lying on the couch in the living room watching tv, my husband was outside, our cat was on his napper at the window in the dining room, & my dog was next to me on the floor. The phone rang suddenly & my dog went nuts barking. Soon, i heard our cat jump off his napper, come into the living room & swatted at my dog's behind. He yelped, & was quiet after that. Our cat then, went back to his nappr. My husband & I couldn't stop our dog from barking when the phone rang, but that night, our cat did the job for us. I started laughing so hard, my husband asked what happened. I told him the scenerio & he laughed also.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

I had just adopted Barney, a miniature Dachsund, from PetSmart and had to go out for a little bit and left him alone in the house.  I had some Hershey Kisses on the kitchen table but I thought he would never be able to get up there with his short legs.  I came home to see empty candy wrappers and him sitting there with an innocent look on his face.  I watched him very carefully for the next few days as I thought chocolate is poison for dogs, but it didn't seem to bother him.  Another time I had a sweatshirt on the floor to be washed and he managed to get himself stuck in the sleeve.  He was named Barney when I got him & my daughter said I should give him a German name, but he had that hangdog look like Barney Fife.  He was 7 or 8 when I got him (maybe older) and I had him for 5 or so years.  He was such a character.  I miss him every day and will have to get myself down to the Humane Society to find another companion.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

Our Golden Retriever dog Odyee decided one day to decorate our upstairs with hersherys syrup. We were out one night bowling on league the dog jumped up on the counter and grapped the bottle of syrup that was left out, bit into it and then ran all over the frontroom and down the stairs getting chocolate all over the place, needless to say  we weren't happy having to clean up chocolate from all over the place.  Same dog also got up on the counter on top of a bread box and ate a whole box of chocolate donuts. He also ate a big chocolate candy bar that was in a Christmas bag and at the back of the tree so he wouldn't get it.  We were sitting on our deck when my in laws asked if Odyee ever chewed on the apple tree, we said no, right at that time he walked by and ripped one of the branches off the tree (small tree at the time), we got a good laugh out of that. He was a great dog had him for 12 years before we had to put him to sleep.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

I came home from work at lunch time to let Puggsley out because he had been having accidents in the house.  I opened the front door & much to my dismay there was a big pile of poop that I did not see and had stepped in.   I said Puggsley, "What did you do"?  Puggsley ran past me & out the front door & out into the back yard.  I started running after him but he outran me.  I had to get back to work, so I fixed a quick lunch, ate & left.  As I am driving back to work, I see Puggsley in the back of a pick-up truck.  I got out of the car, & two ladies said Puggsley was walking in the middle of the road, so they put him in the back of the pick up truck.  I thanked them for rescuing him from the road & I put Puggsley in the car & took him home.  Needless to say, I was 15 minutes late for work, but thankfully, nobody noticed.

I loved all the dog stories you all have submitted!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22