With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Amy
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: Dogs smarter than cats?

Message 11 of 16

In Response to RE: Dogs smarter than cats? by Scotboy56

Haha! Excellent point.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Amy
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16

In Response to Dogs smarter than cats? by SheasLounge

I am definitely a dog person, and I think in general dogs just seem happier with life than cats. Whether they're fetching or rolling or licking, they are living life to the fullest. But intelligence? I admit I've known some pretty cunning cats -- or maybe I'm just confusing that with smugness. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

I am a dog person, but right now I actually own a very smart cat. She's smarter than my very sweet dog. That said, Ms. Bucky (the cat), is incredibly dog-like. So I guess I associate my cat's brillance to the fact that she is so much like a dog.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

I am a total dog person, but whether they're smarter or not has nothing to do with it! I have to wonder when you can fake a dog out 10,000 times in a row by pretending to throw a ball! Cat would just look at you and leave.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Dogs smarter than cats?

Message 15 of 16

So the debate has been settled: Dogs are smarter than cats! A new study says dogs' brains are bigger than cats' brains because they're more social. What do you think? Here's the story: http://aarp.us/eJOll4

Personally, my beagles are smarter than me. They can get to food no matter what height (eg- top of the fridge) and I still don't know how they do it. Pretty smart, eh?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dogs smarter than cats?

Message 15 of 16

So the debate has been settled: Dogs are smarter than cats! A new study says dogs' brains are bigger than cats' brains because they're more social. What do you think? Here's the story: http://aarp.us/eJOll4

Personally, my beagles are smarter than me. They can get to food no matter what height (eg- top of the fridge) and I still don't know how they do it. Pretty smart, eh?

Kudos
Views
Replies