Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Pet's name and why

Message 61 of 79

I named my male Bengal cat Gryphon mainly because I liked the name and his aunt's name is Ginger so I wanted something beginning with a G. It now fits him because he is so big -- 20 lbs. -- that he looks like he has a small head. My one friend said he is like a battleship moving across the floor.

Felicia Johnson
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Dogs name and why

Message 62 of 79

My daughter and I each got new kittens.  She named her female kitten "Eleanor", and wanted me to name my male kitten "Franklin", after the Roosevelts.  I thought about it for a moment, and took it a different direction.  I named my kitten "Rigby".  If you're a Beatles fan, you know why!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 79

Our little cavachon princess is named Carly after Carly Simon because they both have the same hair.😊  Some people won't know who Carly Simon is. She is a singer and can be found on YouTube.image.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 79

There is no such word as Mamzel in the French language.   The word for Miss is Mademoiselle.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 79

My dog is called Da Pucht because she is one.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 79

I'm a fan of the Bard too!  I've had a Portia and a Phebe, but my boy dog didn't fit any of the names, so we went with Jester, because he is such a clown.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 79

My lab's name is: Hoss Cartwright is his legal name we just call him "Hoss", because he is BIG and was a puppy as well.  Once I told the children the name which made complete sense to me they looked at me like I just stepped off the space ship.  I said Hoss from Bonanza, they still had no idea at this point they are looking at each other like "oh no is mom o.k?" and then I said if you haven't watched Bonanza I have FAILED YOU AS A PARENT! I made them watch it (reruns) so they wouldn't start thinking their momma was losing it, different generation different vocabulary.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 79

I usually choose people names, whatever strikes me when I look at the dog.  I have a Mickey, Ginger & Janie and Tessie, the latest addition.  The cat is named Ellie May.  For Ellie May Clampett of course as they are both quite beautiful.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Venti

Message 69 of 79

My dogs name is Venti. It is a large drink at starbuck's. Her weight is five pounds so I thought it would be cute to name her something large🐶

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 79
My choc labs name is Butkus. My husband named him. He loves the'Rocky' movies. Rocky's dogs name was Butkus.
Kudos
Views