If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: CAT! names and why

Message 51 of 79

Pretty cat. Here is My girl LacyM000_0511.JPGmau

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Dogs name and why

Message 52 of 79

I have two Jack Russells - one named Jack and the other Russell.  I always had big dogs, German Shepards and German Shorthairs, but when they got older I could not pick them up or get them in the car.  So when they died I wasn't going to get another dog.  I lasted a month!  Did a lot of research into small dogs for I needed a dog that could walk 3 or 4 miles a day with me.  Jack Russells filled the requiremnet. I am sure the Jacks could do 10 miles but being a senior citizen, I can not.  Both dogs get along and depend on each other, and they get along with my cats.  Of course, they don't have much choice for both my male cats weigh in the 20 lb plus range and are bigger than the dogs.  The Jacks I find very clever and smart, and now are 5 and 4, and believe it or not, they have quieted down somewhat and are great  walkers with me.  I have about 1/4 acre fenced in for them plus walk them daily in all kinds of weather, so they are exercised to the max.  I totallty enjoy them. 

Jack & Russell.jpgJack & Russell

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 79

Both of our "girls" are rescued American Pit Bull Terriers and we kept the names they came with.  We assume "Phoebe" came by that name because the letters "P" & "b" also represent abbreviated initials for "Pit Bull."   Phoebe is nearly all white with a chocolate brown patch surrounding one eye.  We think she's deaf in one ear because she hears things, but has no sense from what direction the sound came.  Our other girl, "Beatrice Bee," is all white and completely deaf.  They're a handful, but we can't imagine life without them!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 79

I have Coby, who is a border collie mix that I rescued a month after my beloved Elberta Peach (a beautiful golden retriever) left this earth. His name is from the Kobayashi Maru a veiled Star Trek reference. Last year I added Nova (means "new") which is what she was...Nova Luna-new moon-. She's a black lab/pitt mix and the sweetest creature! Also, I have a cat left over from when my kids lived at home, Sonnet. She neither likes me nor the dogs.  It is an interesting household for sure.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 79

My daughter and I love Border Collies.  My female, Flossie Megan passed away Sept 2013 and my male, Laddie McDonald, crossed the Rainbow Bridge to meet her Feb.2015.  We went five months with only our cats and could not stand it any longer so we drove 200 miles to adopt a rescue Border Collie.  My daughter named him Liam McCroedie McLochlan.  Our cats are Sylvie, Precious, Lily and Tien, all loved and spoiled!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

CAT! names and why

Message 56 of 79

Over the last 36 years I've had a multi-cat household. Usually it's two senior cats and two junior cats with about eight years between the sets. I became very enthralled with Italy, so... my current crew of cats: Rico, Bella, Sofia and Lucia (usually called Luci) all have Italian names.

Luci2yrs.JPGLucia at two years

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 79
My dogs name is Roxie, I rescued her from an animal shelter the same day I had to put my bulk lab down named Rocco. I just like names that start with "R". Roxie's name is Roxie Renee and my Rocco's middle name was Radford. 😀
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 79

@jr178886 wrote:
I picked people's names for my West Highland Terrier. She is a rescue dog. When I first saw her, she was the only dog, all alone, in a big cage/pen. I was there for a big dog, but she won my heart. She was a few months old, and so small, that I decided to give her a nice big name: Margaret Amelia Penelope. I am by myself, and in the 5 years we have been together, I have come to the realization that I did not rescue her, but she rescued me. I Love her. She has changed my life.🙂

What a lovely post.

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 79
I picked people's names for my West Highland Terrier. She is a rescue dog. When I first saw her, she was the only dog, all alone, in a big cage/pen. I was there for a big dog, but she won my heart. She was a few months old, and so small, that I decided to give her a nice big name: Margaret Amelia Penelope. I am by myself, and in the 5 years we have been together, I have come to the realization that I did not rescue her, but she rescued me. I Love her. She has changed my life.🙂
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 79
Named our Golden Retriever Enzo, after reading a book, (The art of racing in the rain). The book is written by the dog... Enzo, who was named by his human after Enzo Ferrari. Enzo's greatest desire is to have a tactile tongue, so he can speak his knowledge. He believes that he will be reincarnated as a human. And will bring all his knowledge with him. Great read for animal lovers, as well as amateur car/racing enthusiasts. Spiritual and philosophical story.
My Enzo was the last of ten pups. The one that was timid and unwanted. Still timid, but so very loved, and the most intelligent, and gentlest of my many Goldens.
Kudos
Views