Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: CAT! names and why

Message 41 of 79

Yes, good point — pets bring much humanity to their humans! And they're all lovely and beautiful. Cat Very Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 79

@SharonDB51 wrote:

Over the last 36 years I've had a multi-cat household. Usually it's two senior cats and two junior cats with about eight years between the sets. I became very enthralled with Italy, so... my current crew of cats: Rico, Bella, Sofia and Lucia (usually called Luci) all have Italian names.

Luci2yrs.JPGLucia at two years

Lovely photo - Lucia is beautiful!  Smiley Happy

Additional comment:  Every pet whose photo is displayed at this topic is lovely, each in his, or her, own way. And also important, each is doubtlessly dearly loved! Smiley Happy  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Dogs name and why

Message 43 of 79

love the name.I believe naming my dogs with names that fit them.I have a rescue doxie that is sweet and loving but always pees in my house so ,I call her Sweet Pea. My other rescue dog is part doxie and ?. He has hair on head,feet & chest, the rest of him has very little hair. I've named him Fuzzy Wazzy or just fuzzy for short.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 79
Lacy was a foster at my vet's office. After I lost Digger to cancer at age 15 and Bonnie to kidney disease also at 15 I needed a new baby to love. She recommended Lacy because Lacy seemed to want to be an only cat. Also she did not play with the others- I thought that eventually no one would would take her or would take her and be mean about her temperament. Love her to bits and we have similar personalities where people are concerned.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 79

@ns17935880 wrote:

My daughter and I love Border Collies.  My female, Flossie Megan passed away Sept 2013 and my male, Laddie McDonald, crossed the Rainbow Bridge to meet her Feb.2015.  We went five months with only our cats and could not stand it any longer so we drove 200 miles to adopt a rescue Border Collie.  My daughter named him Liam McCroedie McLochlan.  Our cats are Sylvie, Precious, Lily and Tien, all loved and spoiled!!

I share your love of Border Collies!!  Do you have a picture to post?

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 79

Elly May Clampett, because she is beautiful & resembles her namesake.  She is also feral, my husband has resorted to petting her with a stick since Tessie puppy joined our household.   Tessie was found & rescued by my husband and Elly believes this is against "maat".   All dogs are supposed to belong to me only with no attention from hubby.

Ellie.jpg.jpg

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 79

What a beautfiul, beautiful cat!!!  She is so lovely, and has a beautiful name to go along with her.  You are a lucky person to have such a beauty.!!!  She is lucky to have you as her 'person'.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 79

I call my dog Da Pucht.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 79
love the names
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Cats name and why

Message 50 of 79

My cat is from a shelter and is named LEO for I got him in August and that is the zodiac sign for that month.  He has thrived over the last 5 years with me and

weighs a mere 26 lbs.

.LEO.jpgLEO the cat

Kudos
Views