AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dogs name and why

Message 1 of 79

Our Cocker-Poo is such a sweetie. We were wallking her and just could not pick a name. My husband finally said on one walk, we should just call her Sweetie, because she is so sweet. 

That is how she got her name. 

Our little Shi-Poo is a little light beige dog who is also a sweetie. I got to name her, so becaue of her color I named her CoCoa. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 79

Our Cocker-Poo is such a sweetie. We were wallking her and just could not pick a name. My husband just finally said one walk, we should just  call her Sweetie, because she is so sweet. 

That is howe we got her name. 

Ou litle Shiz- 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 79

When I got Gunny, a dachshund, as a gift from my husband, I wanted to call him Gunner. My husband, being the retired Marine that he was, kept calling him Gunny. The poor little pup (7 weeks at the time) was doing his best to answer to both, but finally Gunny won out as I knew my husband would never remember the other. So I went one step further and registered Gunny as Due's Gunnery Sergeant.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 79

:smileyhappy:⊱⊱⊱ My husband and I are blessed with a pair of darling Sheltie sisters ∽  gorgeous mahogany∙sable *Emily* and  beautiful honey∙sable *Devon* 
We were never blessed with children ∽ our precious little girls simply have fur rather than hair and their pretty names are what
we would have chosen for baby girls.

-Sheltie Sisters.png

♥ Shelties are not my whole life ∽ but they make my life whole ♥
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 79

We named our Yorkie dog Vegas because once we got him we stopped taking our vacations in Las Vagas. The dog has very bad separation anxiety. 

We had a second Yorkie named Reno but she got confused over the word "NO" and her name so we renamed her Britney after hearing that Britney Spears had a baby on the radio that day.

Retiring is trading one boss for the one you married.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 79

God gave me the privilege of seeing a 7 week old shih-tzu & adopting him. Journey, yes after the band, is now 9 years old & has become the love of my life. The heat of Vegas doesn't bother him to bad. But he would much rather go to San Diego & go to dogbeach. My Journey!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 79

When I ws in my 20's I was living at my parentt's home, just out of college and rent in our area was outrageous.  My parents told me to live at home, work, pay rent, and save.  This arrangement was working great for all of us, except I wanted a dog.  My mom was all for the idea, she had wanted another dog since our last one died 5 years earlier.  My dad becomes very attached to dogs, and said when he got his MAC computer I could get a dog.  That year I received a settlement for a car accident I had been in.  I bought dad his much wanted computer.  A week later I was going to pick up my West Highland White mutt puppy.  His name was MAC and the computer's name was MUTT

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Venti

Message 8 of 79
Our puppy had no name for a week or 2 and my husband kept saying how sweet she was, so one day he said, "Lets just call her Sweetie."
Our 2nd dog is a little beige colored dog, so I wanted to call her Cocoa, and that's how she got her name.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: cat names

Message 9 of 79

Hachi Heart seriously that movie touched my heart. I love that movie.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 79

How terrific is that!!!  Gotta love our critters.  And what a good daughter you are.  Bet your dad was thrilled. 

Kudos
Views