Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you buy your pet a gift for the holidays?

Message 1 of 32

Yes!  I got my cat Karma her very own child's toy laptop computer in a devious attempt to keep her away from my laptop. She actually likes it, (and the box it came in), but it has not replaced her duty to provide her supervision and participation when I am using mine. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

sm361854: Our pets are so smart and their amazing sense of smell can make it difficult for us to hide their presents. What's more, it can be hard to find that perfect hiding place so we can keep our presents "secret" until it's time for them to open them.

I do have one question however which some folks may wish to chime in on. Do your pets open their gifts by themselves, or is human help necessary? Sometimes I think that the wrapping paper and bows - and the boxes which contain the presents are much more interesting for our pets. 

Happy Holidays!  

"Time spent with cats is never wasted"- Sigmund Freud
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 32

My three lhasa apsos: CK, Dexter and Haven all get a special toy and some special treats for Christmas.  I have had to hide them until CHristmas Day however, as they can smell their treats and somehow find their gifts before we open gifts.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

Edgar and Aki  sends Meowy CatmasEdgar and Aki sends Meowy Catmas

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32

Absolutely. Our two kitties, Edgar Allen Poe (my avatar photo) and Aki also bought gifts for us! (using our credit cards of course <g>).  

All this said, our boys are  7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year the best gifts that we have ever received. They are family and contribute greatly to our lives. 

Happy holidays everyone.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32

you did the right thing. God Bless You.

Norma Jean Ray
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

On Thanksgiving my dog would get a plaid bow that clipped onto his collar for the holiday season. On Christmas he would usually get a pack of his favorite treats and a new toy.  He would also get a special Christmas dinner: turkey wet dog food, and a Christmas tree shaped dog treat.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

Absolutely ! 

Your pet is a family member and they love to receive gifts. Just look at how happy she is!  I have found that she doesnt really care what the gift is as long as she gets one and its wrapped. (actually several).  Could you imagin what it would be like watching everyone opening their gifts and wanting to be part of the fun but you got nothing? How sad.Look how happy she is !Look how happy she is !

Holidays would not be the same without watching Fanci Noel riping through all the paper and bows.

Norma Jean Ray
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

Why wait for a holiday?  I just bought 3 dozen new fuzzy mice for OliverB.  He's very mouse-driven and is an honest-to-goodness retrieving cat.  He will chase down a thrown mouse, bring him back, and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...and repeat.  I'm developing a torn rotator cuff from throwing his mouse!  But how could I say no to this little face?

Oliver blep  cropped.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32

Always!  and every time I go shopping, I pick up something for my little "Russell" for he gets so excited and pushes his toy all over the house and his little tail is wagging.  Actually it is like gift to me for it makes me laugh watching him and makes me happy to see his enjoyment.  At Christmas, I have to wait until we are opening gifts until the dog's package is put out for if I put it out before Christmas, he somehow knows it is his gift and will chew the package apart.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users