Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you buy your pet a gift for the holidays?

Message 1 of 27

you did the right thing. God Bless You.

Norma Ray
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

On Thanksgiving my dog would get a plaid bow that clipped onto his collar for the holiday season. On Christmas he would usually get a pack of his favorite treats and a new toy.  He would also get a special Christmas dinner: turkey wet dog food, and a Christmas tree shaped dog treat.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

Absolutely ! 

Your pet is a family member and they love to receive gifts. Just look at how happy she is!  I have found that she doesnt really care what the gift is as long as she gets one and its wrapped. (actually several).  Could you imagin what it would be like watching everyone opening their gifts and wanting to be part of the fun but you got nothing? How sad.1504.jpgLook how happy she is !

1168.jpgHolidays would not be the same without watching Fanci Noel riping through all the paper and bows.

Norma Ray
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

Why wait for a holiday?  I just bought 3 dozen new fuzzy mice for OliverB.  He's very mouse-driven and is an honest-to-goodness retrieving cat.  He will chase down a thrown mouse, bring him back, and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...and repeat.  I'm developing a torn rotator cuff from throwing his mouse!  But how could I say no to this little face?

Oliver blep  cropped.jpg

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

Always!  and every time I go shopping, I pick up something for my little "Russell" for he gets so excited and pushes his toy all over the house and his little tail is wagging.  Actually it is like gift to me for it makes me laugh watching him and makes me happy to see his enjoyment.  At Christmas, I have to wait until we are opening gifts until the dog's package is put out for if I put it out before Christmas, he somehow knows it is his gift and will chew the package apart.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

Sometimes, but not always.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

I never did until my teenagers picked up an abandoned puppy at a campsite and brought him home. Soon it was time to open presents under the Christmas tree. Brody was excited watching everyone open their gifts. Soon as we finished, he rummaged through all the wrappings. There was no unopened gift. Brody sat down among the debris and cried. I don't remember what it was, but one of us found something and quickly wrapped it. It was given to Brody with apologies for forgetting to put it under the tree. Brody forgave us all and happily tore open his gift. 

Never again has any family pet been overlooked. Not at Christmas, or a chosen birthday.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

I always buy my dog a Christmas present and a birthday present.  We don't know his actual birthday, he is a rescue dog, so we celebrate the day we took him home.  It's never very much, a new chew toy or a bag of his favorite treats.... but he enjoys the attention.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

Yes!!!! She is a family member!!! She loves clothes and loves to get new ones so that is what she gets. She will get a bomber jacket, a sweat shirt, and a sweater for Christmas. She is our baby!!! lol

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

Yes they are family also and give so much fun and companship all thru the year  why would you

not?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark