Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you buy your pet a gift for the holidays?

Message 1 of 24

Why wait for a holiday?  I just bought 3 dozen new fuzzy mice for OliverB.  He's very mouse-driven and is an honest-to-goodness retrieving cat.  He will chase down a thrown mouse, bring him back, and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...and repeat.  I'm developing a torn rotator cuff from throwing his mouse!  But how could I say no to this little face?

Oliver blep  cropped.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 24

Always!  and every time I go shopping, I pick up something for my little "Russell" for he gets so excited and pushes his toy all over the house and his little tail is wagging.  Actually it is like gift to me for it makes me laugh watching him and makes me happy to see his enjoyment.  At Christmas, I have to wait until we are opening gifts until the dog's package is put out for if I put it out before Christmas, he somehow knows it is his gift and will chew the package apart.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 24

Sometimes, but not always.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 24

I never did until my teenagers picked up an abandoned puppy at a campsite and brought him home. Soon it was time to open presents under the Christmas tree. Brody was excited watching everyone open their gifts. Soon as we finished, he rummaged through all the wrappings. There was no unopened gift. Brody sat down among the debris and cried. I don't remember what it was, but one of us found something and quickly wrapped it. It was given to Brody with apologies for forgetting to put it under the tree. Brody forgave us all and happily tore open his gift. 

Never again has any family pet been overlooked. Not at Christmas, or a chosen birthday.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 24

I always buy my dog a Christmas present and a birthday present.  We don't know his actual birthday, he is a rescue dog, so we celebrate the day we took him home.  It's never very much, a new chew toy or a bag of his favorite treats.... but he enjoys the attention.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 24

Yes!!!! She is a family member!!! She loves clothes and loves to get new ones so that is what she gets. She will get a bomber jacket, a sweat shirt, and a sweater for Christmas. She is our baby!!! lol

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 24

Yes they are family also and give so much fun and companship all thru the year  why would you

not?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 24

My two cats love the catnip  stratcther board they have so by Christmas each year they need a new one. Plus they new catnip mice and a ball or two as those do last too long as they are so playful even at 5 years old.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 24

NO PETS

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 24

I buy my dog a squeaky toy every Christmas.  Somehow she can tell what package it is in ,I think by the smell.  She picks it out from under the tree and rips it to shreds, wrapping paper and all, then that's the end of it.  Too darn funny!

Kudos
Views