Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Do you buy your pet a gift for the holidays?

Message 11 of 27

My two cats love the catnip  stratcther board they have so by Christmas each year they need a new one. Plus they new catnip mice and a ball or two as those do last too long as they are so playful even at 5 years old.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

NO PETS

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

I buy my dog a squeaky toy every Christmas.  Somehow she can tell what package it is in ,I think by the smell.  She picks it out from under the tree and rips it to shreds, wrapping paper and all, then that's the end of it.  Too darn funny!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

Yes always and we even buy our daughters birds/guinea pigs gifts.  It is Christmas and we would never leave our little loves out. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

We buy special treats for our dog and cats. We also buy toys and donate them to local rescue groups

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

Yes, I also made her a steamed hamburger mixed with her dog food for her 9th birthday yesterday. She got a new dog toy, a dog biscuit and we sing happy birthday to her too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

When I was a kid growing up, my family had two dogs.  My father liked to get our dogs dog toys and feed them steak for a week.  That was their Christmas gifts.  I believe this is a good thing to do because dogs are part of the family too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

My cats are not pets, they are more like family!  So of course, we buy them gifts... and we selfishly enjoy every minute of them playing around with them! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

@AARPTeri wrote:

A lot of people buy their pets holiday gifts, are you one of them?  How do you feel about buying gifts for friend

It wouldn't be Christmas if my Matoska (my Parsons jack Russell) didn't get presents. Besides crocheting her beautiful sweaters, hats, scarves, and toys she get homemade cookies and whatever Santa brings her 😋.And yes,hide though packages cuz she will find them and open them many times before Christmas.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

Of course.  Pets are family members too.  The cats get new catnip toys and maybe a new "chase" toy. Sometimes a new bed, if the old one is looking shabby or losing stuffing.  I have "Goddogs" too, and they get a new Nylabone or Kong and a box of dog treats.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22