Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Re: Are Puppies Master Manipulators? Study Says So.

Message 11 of 12

When my grandson's puggle comes to visit, I always have water in his bowl. One evening, it was empgy. He picked up the bowl and carried it to me in the family room. I have owned several dogs, including an incredible German Shepherd, buy this little guy is the smartest of all. Maxine

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Are Puppies Master Manipulators? Study Says So.

Message 12 of 12

sleepy puppies.jpgNew research suggests dogs are masters of body language and use their facial expressions to communicate and manipulate their owners

Your dog may be a master manipulator, deliberately making puppy eyes to pull at your heart strings, according to a study. 

The research suggests that dogs may be in control of their facial expressions, using them to communicate, researchers reported in the journal Scientific Reports.

Until now, it was assumed that dog expressions were involuntary.

The new study suggests, however, that man's best friend may be very well aware of the reaction a scowl or grin will elicit from its master.

"The findings appear to support evidence... that expressions are potentially active attempts to communicate," said study co-author Juliane Kaminski of the University of Portsmouth.

In a series of experiments with different types of pet dogs, the team discovered that the animals "move their faces" more when humans were paying attention to them.

Raising the brows, which makes the eyes appear bigger to produce heart-melting "puppy dog eyes", was the most commonly-used expression, the researchers found.

Read the rest of this article, then go get a treat for your dog: 

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/puppy-eyes-tail-wagging-dog-133906062.html

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies