Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing

Message 1 of 4

In Response to RE: A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing by drmartybecker

THANK YOU, Dr. Becker!  I searched and searched for that clip - guess I need to "tweak" my searching abilities!

I have 2 short questions about the procedure you outlined in the video. 

1.  On the video you mention the shampoo should be mixed 1 part shampoo to 10 parts water.  Are pet shampoos already mixed to these proportions or  should I mix myself in a separate squeeze bottle?

2.  Pepper has such dry skin.  Is there a "creme rinse" for dogs I could use or do you have a better suggestion?  I'm concerned that the once a week shampoo will really dry her out.  I'm considering just the once a month even though she is an indoor pup (and rules I might add!).

I'm off to PetsMart this week for the brush thingy George used - I'm guessing that's a good place to start?  Santa won't stop if she smells "doggie!"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

RE: A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing

Message 2 of 4

In Response to A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing by lipplounge

Can't tell you how glad I am that segment stuck in your mind! We had a blast shooting it, let me tell you!

Here's a link to the video:

Bathing a dog from Good Morning America

Just give me a holler if you have any additional questions!

Wags,

Dr. Marty Becker

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing

Message 3 of 4

Dr. Becker - Within the last month I saw your appearance on GMA, and you were discussing dog bathing.  You presented some guidelines as well as do's and don'ts.  I've researched as best I know how and cannot find them anywhere.

I have a 12 year old miniature Dachshund.  How often do you  suggest bathing her?  What guidelines do you suggest?  What about dry skin - which she has after bathing.  I may also mention that the bath itself is not her most favorite thing in the world - she tolerates the entire process - but boy, oh boy, does she ever go "wild" afterwards! 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

A question for Dr. Becker -- dog bathing

Message 3 of 4

Dr. Becker - Within the last month I saw your appearance on GMA, and you were discussing dog bathing.  You presented some guidelines as well as do's and don'ts.  I've researched as best I know how and cannot find them anywhere.

I have a 12 year old miniature Dachshund.  How often do you  suggest bathing her?  What guidelines do you suggest?  What about dry skin - which she has after bathing.  I may also mention that the bath itself is not her most favorite thing in the world - she tolerates the entire process - but boy, oh boy, does she ever go "wild" afterwards! 

Kudos
Views
Replies