Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: A Sure Sign of Spring!

Message 1 of 6

This isn't associated with ice cream, but it is a "sign of spring" .. a new little night visitor:

17-06-09 - Baby Possum 1 - Cropped 2.jpg

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

"....fresh air, sunshine, flowers blossoming and the return of the "Ice Cream Man!  🍦...".

We went out for a walk in late pm on Easter. Sure enough, the music from the ice cream truck was heard for the first time this year. The truck in our area uses the first 8 bars from "The Entertainer", that is, the theme song from The Sting. Not sure I care for that, but it's a spring song around here, like it or not........

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Awww...I'm so glad you all like it!  

I think almost everyone appreciates a delicious, cold ice cream cone on a warm spring day!  I know my little guys do!

They know what ice cream is, but they have never met the ice cream man!  I like to take them out for it and it's true that dogs are uncommonly well-behaved when there's ice cream involved!  

It's notable that every little lesson about sit, stay, having patience and waiting for rewards seems to come to the fore...Woman LOL  Not only that, pets display humility and gratitude for the kindness and generosity of their "person" or the ice cream "provider."  They do not take the experience for granted, but store it in their "happy memories bank" and draw upon it the next time they are similarly treated.  Isn't that a wonderful approach to life?  Woman Wink  Heart

Image result for happy dog with ice cream .gifs

Image result for animated ice cream gifs

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6
@Prosecco6247.....That is the cutest video. Thanks for sharing.

My cat, Pebbles loves ice cream. The only problem is she will not eat a small amount from a dish. She wants what I leave her from my cone or popcicle. This limits me to vanilla unless I lock myself away with a cone of chocolate.

Happy Easter,
Soosie
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@Prosecco6247 - That was such a cute video! There's a gelato place in Asbury Park, NJ, that has a "doggie night", where they have small portions for pets. I happened to be there with a friend one of those nights, and I was amazed by how well-behaved the dogs were, considering how many were sitting outside with their owners!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

A Sure Sign of Spring!

Message 6 of 6

When warm weather comes, our thoughts begin to focus on the "sweeter" things life has to offer...fresh air, sunshine, flowers blossoming and the return of the "Ice Cream Man!  🍦

Watch how fast his tail wags...Woman LOL  Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69Y2mkc4HU&list=PLLoPYaJqlcK4I-

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark