Regular Contributor

travel update for 2022

What's your travel plan for 2022?  Covid is real and will be here for some time. so we have to learn to co-exist. i STILL WEAR A MASK, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND SANITIZER AND SANITIZER, so in saying that ,some of my friends are not wanting to travel for the next year. not me!. and I have no problem with them staying home but I'm going. YOUR THOUGHTS?

Trusted Contributor

Great thread @bp58274922 , any "updates" for us? 🤔 Lol, I had "briefly" (a few days) let go of my mask last year when Virginia "claimed" they had COVID under control. Never used sanitizer and only SOLO travel. I am hoping this year 2023 things will be back to normal. I am ready! Nicole 🙂

@bp58274922 wrote:

What's your travel plan for 2022?  Covid is real and will be here for some time. so we have to learn to co-exist. i STILL WEAR A MASK, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND SANITIZER AND SANITIZER, so in saying that ,some of my friends are not wanting to travel for the next year. not me!. and I have no problem with them staying home but I'm going. YOUR THOUGHTS?

0 Kudos

In 2021 traveled from WI to NE to visit family.  I'm a nurse going on 70 and amazingly had been able to avoid COVID up to that point.  Got COVID on that trip. 😅 Where or when God only knows but passed it to both husband and brother who were with me on the trip.  We all recovered. The only regret I had was that I had to miss work for a while on return.  COVID is here to stay and does not stop me from traveling. Go and enjoy! 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @d385285s , my doctor says it will "eventually" become like the FLU - requiring  YEARLY shot. Thank you for your service! Totally impressed you are still doing this 🙂 Any "updates" for us? 🤔 Thanks, Nicole

@d385285s wrote:

In 2021 traveled from WI to NE to visit family.  I'm a nurse going on 70 and amazingly had been able to avoid COVID up to that point.  Got COVID on that trip. 😅 Where or when God only knows but passed it to both husband and brother who were with me on the trip.  We all recovered. The only regret I had was that I had to miss work for a while on return.  COVID is here to stay and does not stop me from traveling. Go and enjoy! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi there!

Since covid is unpredictable, I've been taking short trips throughout Northern California for the past years and half. Spent a week in Seattle December 2021. So many steps to go thru for the simplest things--but had a great time and didn't catch covid from either trip!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @l676456s , any "updates" for us? 🤔 Thanks, Nicole 🙂

@l676456s wrote:

Hi there!

Since covid is unpredictable, I've been taking short trips throughout Northern California for the past years and half. Spent a week in Seattle December 2021. So many steps to go thru for the simplest things--but had a great time and didn't catch covid from either trip!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm going to Phoenix from Nebraska soon. I've gone in 2020 & 21. I flew, wearing a mask. I didn't get Covid either time! My husband stays home scared, Not Me! 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @nh5084 , any "updates" for us? 🤔 Thanks, Nicole 🙂

@nh5084 wrote:

I'm going to Phoenix from Nebraska soon. I've gone in 2020 & 21. I flew, wearing a mask. I didn't get Covid either time! My husband stays home scared, Not Me! 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP