Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 81 of 509

The Beach Bcause it's relaxing and the scenery is beautiful 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 509

I would rather live in the mountains by a lake...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 509

Beach!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 509

Have lived in both places,  Beaches and Mountains have good and bad points. The beach can be warm, wonderful, then cold miserable, high waves.  The mountains can be absolutly gorgeous, Springtime come to mind, more to do than on the beach.  Yes it gets cold windy, snow, in the mountains.  Both places are great to visit and live.  Be prepared for a  great titme at either.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 509

Beach!!! I have ocean water flowing through my veins.....!!! The smell of the ocean makes me happy. I love the mountains and have enjoyed many wonderful times there, but no place could come close to the beach!!! Even as crowed as it can be......the beach, the beach, the beach!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 509
I would choose to be near the coolness of mountains! Beaches are nice vacation places, but long term, the fresh air and cool breezes win out!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 509

Well, you can climb the mountains, hunt in the forests, fish the streams, hike and see some breathtaking views, snow ski in the mountains, drive/bike some really curvy fun roads in the mountains, and it is always cooler in the mountains than at the base. 

All that being said, I prefer the ocean any day. I am a consumate beach walker, a shell seeker, a snorkeler, a swimmer, and a picnicing-adult-beverage-drinking, people watching machine. I have a toast for every sunset, a sand auger for my umbrella, & a taste for salt on my skin & sand between my toes. Nothing is better than the sound of surf to lull you to sleep, and no one sleeps better than one who has spent their day ON the beach. Pack up the cooler, the swimsuit, the sunscreen & the beach chairs: I'm IN!! 

We can go for a couple of days to the mountains, but the beach is where I find peace.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 509

Not hard to answer.

You can only LOOK at mountains. And usually boring.

Beaches can be used. Boating, swimming, fishing, etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 509

Living in Rock Hill, SC we have the best of everything.  It is 3hrs to the beach, 2hrs to the mountains and near a big city but not in it.  We only occassionally get a dusting of snow, hurricanes are almost no worry this far inland and we have wonderful weather. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 509

I would live in the mountains. I enjoy the peace and solitude that I find there.

Kudos
Views