From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 491 of 510
Luckily I have the best of both worlds.  I live in Corvallis, OR, which is between the Cascades and the ocean.  Can be in the mountains or at the coast in under an hour .....
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 492 of 510

I would take the beach in a warm place in the winter and the mountains in the summer. Of course, I'd want a lake close by tthe mountains.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 493 of 510
I was born at the feet of the Big Horns in Wyoming and spent much time in Colorado's Rockies. My home for many years has been near the Pacific in California. I would like to state with great assurance that in California we have it all. The Pacific is at my doorstep; the Sierra Nevada a skip and jump off to the east. As I see the question, however, the choice is not between beach and mountains but ocean and mountains. Mountains have plenty of high-country lakes and their beaches, but the ocean is a world of its own.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 494 of 510
We live in the country about 2 miles east of the left coast. It gives us stable weather without extremes. We do get earthquakes, however. And straightening the road in front of our house was nixed by the city.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 495 of 510
Oh give me the mountains anytime!!  But not where you get all the snow.  Someplace like Asheville NC.  I was also in Washington in November and loved the pines.  I don't know how bad the winters would be there though.  I don't mind the drizzly days though.  If I want the sound of water, a wonderful mountain brook or stream would be great.  I like to see sunsets at the beaches, and to spend a few hours there, but then I'm good to go (back to the mountains).  So where do I live?  In Indiana, surrounded by CORN!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 496 of 510
Beach ..beach ...beach...Love It!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 497 of 510
Beach!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 498 of 510
I've lived near both & loved both, but the mountains with a lake wins out.  A mountain + a lake offer many more opportunities to use + explore, than the ocean does.Wink
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 499 of 510
I love the mountains for a visit, but I would rather live on the beach somewhere warm year-round.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 500 of 510
No contest, the beach.  I live a few miles from the Pacific Ocean.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season