Are Communities Becoming More Livable? How Does Your Community Stack Up in AARP's New 2018 Livability Index. Find Out Now!

Info Seeker

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 501 of 508
Easy.  I would love to live in the mountains of Montana, Wyoming or Idaho because I've been there and there is nothing more beautiful than the tall, rugged, rocky mountains of our beautiful west.  However, I would love to spend my winters on the beautiful beaches of the Florida Gulf Coast.  I think that would give me the best of this beautiful country.
Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 502 of 508
Seasoak,

I hope that you find some place that you enjoy this weekend. 

Lynne, 

I agree. I really enjoy being by the water. I find just sitting by it to be relaxing. I don't have to be in/on a lake or in the ocean. I can just enjoy sitting by it, on a beach or on a chair or a bench, etc. 
Community Manager

Message 503 of 508
Even the sound of a water fountain can be relaxing. I sat outside at a restaurant with friends last night, and the sound of the fountain was mesmerizing! I'm looking forward to our family vacation on Cape Cod this summer!

In Response to Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?:
I would rather live by the beach. The sound of the waves coming onshore is so relaxing it  soothes my soul. I'm on the web site looking for a place to go this weekend. I just gotta get away. Peace and blessings.
Posted by seasoak

Conversationalist

Message 504 of 508
I would rather live by the beach. The sound of the waves coming onshore is so relaxing it  soothes my soul. I'm on the web site looking for a place to go this weekend. I just gotta get away. Peace and blessings.
Peace & Blessings
Info Seeker

Message 505 of 508
Give me the mountains.  I don't like the beach that well,  would visit maybe.
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 506 of 508
That's a tough choice, since both places are really beautiful, and I have been lucky enogh to be at the ocean, at different lake locations, and in the mountains, too.

I like being at different lakes and beaches though, so I wouild have to say that I like being by the water, so being by the beach wins out for me in the end. Smile
Community Manager

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 507 of 508
Thinking back to growing up near the Adirondack's, of course I have to say...the mountains! How about you?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 507 of 508
Thinking back to growing up near the Adirondack's, of course I have to say...the mountains! How about you?