How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 1 of 498 (125 Views)

I rather live by the beach and visit someone that likes the mountains 

Conversationalist

Message 2 of 498 (188 Views)

Mountains. I was born & raised on the Coastal Prairie...don't care for sand, salty air, skeeters, and hurricanes.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 498 (368 Views)

Live near a mountain lake, visit the beach in the off season for not more than week.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 498 (469 Views)

One of the most difficult questions to answer, it took me years to come up with the right answer. It is both, but of course. That is why I became a half-back / snow bird. Late fall to early spring, the beaches of Saint Petersburg and area surrounding it. Late spring, after the pollen season, till Mid October, after the first wave of autumn color, the North Georgia Mountains. Hence the half-back, I was born on Cape Cod , moved to Florida in the late 80s, after 20 yrs., up to the mountains to cool off.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 498 (507 Views)

Mountains. Beach is nice to visit, but flat and claustrophobic on the land side. Give me seeing hills forever anyway you turn any day. And walking up and up until you can see forever. Problem is, my husband wants the beach, and I love the mountains. Will just have to work long enough until we can afford both!

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 498 (539 Views)

The beach for sure. I want to be able to hear the weather and waves 24/7. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 498 (761 Views)

Oh, the beach without question. It calms me. I love the smell and sounds. If you haven't visited Costa Rice, I highly recommend.

Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 498 (789 Views)

At the front end, let me confess I absolutely despise cold weather. I'm 74 with a little arthritis and cold weather sucks. Warm, sunny days with a breeze at the ocean is ideal.

I was raised inland and the woods, mountains, lakes were my stomping grounds, camping, hiking, fishing, some sking – loved it all, cabins in the mountains on holidays – wonderful.

Then I turned 18, joined the US Navy, and fell in love with the ocean. Fishing, boating, sailing, diving, snorkeling, laying on the beach, boat drinks, bikinis, fresh seafood any time....For this old geezer the ocean has been my best girl for many decades. I still enjoy a brief trip to the mountains in the summer, but usually can't wait to get back to Mother, Mother Ocean...(Thanks Jimmy)....

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 498 (896 Views)

BEEN THEREM DONE THAT, IT'S NICE FOR AWHILE BUT GETS OLD FAST

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 498 (938 Views)

As a child, I vacationed with my parents at the beach.  One year, after I was married, I went to the Adirondack mountains with my wife. I learned that I am really a mountain man.  I never went back to the beach for more than a day.