Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Conversationalist

Re: Where would you most like to travel?

Message 971 of 1,081
Pitcarin Island where you had the first mutiny and  Galapogus Islands where the gila monsters (I think) are located.  New Zealand, Hawaiian Island, Madagasca and the island where the Pigmeys are located.  This is just for starters.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 972 of 1,081
In one amazing three-month tour in 10 years of traveling on business, I have seen a great deal of North America, and given the time and money you would go back and more extensively explore some of those places. I also spent a year in Korea, an unforgettable experience. I also lived several months in the San Francisco Bay area and explored Northern California extensively. Although my first love is New England, I have to say I left at least part of my heart in San Francisco.

But realistically, since I must choose, because I am third-generation German, I really want to explore that country. But my experience of long-term stays in several places has spoiled me. What I really want to do is roam around Europe. There is a wealth of travel literature and photography to give you a small taste of the world. I don't like to participate in the "been there done that" dialogue. To spend time and experience the sights, sounds, smells and feels of a place is what I long for. But losing my wife a few years ago, I have no one to share the experience with me, and so will probably never do it.
Info Seeker

Message 973 of 1,081
In response to "Re: Where would you most like to travel?":
I agree with you about seeing more of the National Parks. My husband and I were just talking about that. He would like to see the Grand Canyon, and I think it would be fun to go to California and Utah and visit the parks there. I would also like to visit Europe and see as much of it as possible, too.  I think that it would also be fun to visit Australia and the South Pacific.
Posted by oldgraymare2

Exactly my itinerary for future travel! I would also add an African Safari if we can save enough for that.
Info Seeker

Go North Young Man....

Message 974 of 1,081
Most of my life I've been attracted to warmer destinations. However, recently I've felt drawn to more northern locations. I've recently added Yukon, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, and remote Alaska to my "must-see" places. There seems to be such a "life on the edge" in these places, specifically, Iceland. Its active volcanic culture is so alive yet unpredictable. I'm sure there's an abundant amount of photo opportunities awaiting to be captured.
Info Seeker

Message 975 of 1,081
New Zealand - both islands and the Western Canadian Rockies.
Conversationalist

Message 976 of 1,081

Anywhere I can go without having to experience airport security.

Info Seeker

Message 977 of 1,081
     i would like to go from source of the Mississippi river to the Gulf of Mex,.
Info Seeker

Message 978 of 1,081
Isreal
Info Seeker

Message 979 of 1,081
South Africa.
Info Seeker

Message 980 of 1,081
Isreal
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.