Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel?

Message 11 of 1,154

@PattyD466671  Italy and Ireland are great choices of beautiful countries with great people and great food--especially Italy. Ireland was the first country I ever visited (and the first time I was ever on an airplane) many years ago. I was able to do it very affordably then backpacking and staying in hostels. Nowadays, I'm more a mid-range traveler and haven't stayed in hostels in years. But, now I find other ways to travel affordably--going during off-season, staying in Airbnb apartments and cooking my own food (but of course, eating out some too--gotta enjoy local cuisine and restaurants some), and using public transportation (instead of renting a car). Oftentimes, travel is much more affordable than you realize. 

I really hope you get to see the lands of your ancestral heritiage. "Where there's a will, there's a way."

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 1,154

I would very much like to go to Chicago and new Orleans 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 1,154

CHICAGO & NEW ORLEANS 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 1,154

If money were no object, (which will never happen in my lifetime) I'd like to visit southern Italy, specifically the Naples and Salerno area. That was where my late father was from. Also, Ireland, the land of my late mother's heritage. I know I never will get to these places, but a person must dream. My father always told me, "You have to have dreams, because without dreams you have no hope and without hope--you have nothing!"

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 1,154

My top choice is Japan.   They have a rich history that I would like to delve into.  My second choice is to srr all 50 of the United States.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 1,154

I would love to go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 1,154

My people apparently came from Ireland. All the beautiful cities and towns. The increcible cliffs on the coast. THAT is where I would love to visit. After a trip to Hawaii for my dear wife, of course.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 1,154

St. Thomas and St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands -- this was the birthplace of my grandfather and I would like to show my daughter.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 1,154

In the USA, I would like to visit National Parks in the western region. Overseas, my favorite destination is South Asian countries.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 1,154

In the USA, I would love to visit Parks in the western regions. Overseas my favorite destinations are South Asian countries.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors