Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel?

Message 1101 of 1,151
In Response to Re: Where would you most like to travel?:
Have been to Alaska  8 times, would love to be able to spend all summer there.
Posted by wm66

There are lots of summer job opportunities up there.  I'd like to get there in the winter sometime.  Not for the whole winter, though!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1102 of 1,151
When my children were growing up, my husband was a high school principal.  When school was out we packed up whatever we were camping in at the time (tried all most every kind) and off we headed for the summer.  We have been to every state except Alaska, so I guess I need to go there.  The highlight of our years was being able to experience the national parks as a family.  We have seen most of them from "sea to shining sea".  We as americans are wealthy beyond measure with our national parks.  So now I'd like to see where my ancestors came from in Ireland, learn to cook in Italy and meander around Europe.
Posted by Somersby

Alaska is gorgeous!  I recommend a land-sea tour so that you get to see the interior and the beautiful coasline.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel? Over Seas and in the states

Message 1103 of 1,151
In Response to Re: Where would you most like to travel? Over Seas and in the states:
The United Kingdom and the North and South Carolina coasts, and a return trip to Key West would be fun.  I was in London two days and want to experience more of the UK.  I love the ocean and the differences between the South and North Carolina coasts.  The Emerald Iles area looks exquisite and one days I will vacation there.
Posted by jammerhammer

Iove the UK!  Be sure you get to Scotland!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1104 of 1,151
We are taking a 21 day Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam in February 2014 for $100 each per night.
Posted by maximagxe

That sounds like lots of fun and it's a great price!  Have you looked at relocation cruises?  They offer great deals, usually less than $100 per night.  If you have lots of time to travel, they are worth exploring.

The Caribbean is one of our favorite places to cruise.  We like it because each island has a different culture.  We also love the beaches and water.  It really is that beautiful turquoise color that you see in posters.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1105 of 1,151
We would like to cruise the Mediterranean, especially the Greek Isles,   I am a little concerned about the instability in the middle east and the impact it might have in that area, though.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1106 of 1,151
There are several things on our bucket list.  We have so far been to 46 countries, 48 US states, 30 Mexico states, but we want to see the pyramids in Egypt, want to see Mount Everest from the base, want to walk the Great Wall and want to see Machu Pichu.
Posted by Jerryschwartz3

You've certainly been blessed.  How have you been able to see so much?
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1107 of 1,151
When my children were growing up, my husband was a high school principal.  When school was out we packed up whatever we were camping in at the time (tried all most every kind) and off we headed for the summer.  We have been to every state except Alaska, so I guess I need to go there.  The highlight of our years was being able to experience the national parks as a family.  We have seen most of them from "sea to shining sea". 

We as americans are wealthy beyond measure with our national parks.  So now I'd like to see where my ancestors came from in Ireland, learn to cook in Italy and meander around Europe.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1108 of 1,151
I would like to put my toes in the Pacific Ocean and visit National and State Parks on the way there.  After that I would like to visit Central and Northern Europe and the British Isles.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel? Over Seas and in the states

Message 1109 of 1,151
The United Kingdom and the North and South Carolina coasts, and a return trip to Key West would be fun.  I was in London two days and want to experience more of the UK.  I love the ocean and the differences between the South and North Carolina coasts.  The Emerald Iles area looks exquisite and one days I will vacation there.Cool
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 1110 of 1,151
We are taking a 21 day Caribbean cruise on the Ryndam in February 2014 for $100 each per night.
Kudos
Views