Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel?

Message 781 of 1,151

Returning to Chicago from Japan, I would be flying first class to visit the Galapagos Islands before climbing to Machu Picchu, where I would stay a week in the only lodge there.  Leaving for Australia, for a four month stay, I would dive the Great Barrier Reef, Visit various cities between birdwatching trips to the far North near New Guinea.  On my way to China and three days to see the Forbidden City and walk some neighborhoods in "OLD PEKING" finally visiting the Great Wall.  Flying to Thailand, in an attempt to learn to cook Thai Food, I would stay a month visiting fish farms where tropical fish are raised for the aquarium hobby, and exploring natural areas to explore the wildlife.  Visiting Temples and shopping in the markets would be a necessity before my plane leaves for a short two week stay in India, only to sail to Madagascar to explore its natural wonders!!!  After a months stay, I'd be off to Africa for my three week safari and off to see the Pyramids and the Valley of the Kings. Several months in Europe would take me to many sites incl. a walk up Brunaleskie's Dome in Florance, a visit to the Vatican Museum and Pompei.  On to Greece to wonder for three weeks.  When in Berlin, I'd visit the ZOO! When in Amsterdam, I'd visit the Van Gogh Museum, Rembrant's House and the remodled Museum.  Now I'd take a boat to London from my visit to Bruge, and spend some weeks visiting The British Museum, and Down House and so much more, staying near the Chelsey  Flower Show for three days of bliss.  The Chunnel to Paris, I'd stay there until November taking the train to Lyon for the lights Festival before leaving for Marseille and a sampling of three or four bowls on Boulibase

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 782 of 1,151

If you are someone who accepts that our planet consists of seven continents, then the one remaining that I and my wife have not visited is Africa. And Cape Town would be my city of choice.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 783 of 1,151

Everywhere I have not been is the general answer.

Let's see ...

Maldives, before they are under water (if scientists are correct)

a southern RTW (round the world) trip. Patagonia, Cape Town, Perth, NZ, and Antarctica

Glacier NP, I think is the only NP I have not seen in lower 48.

Mongolia

Turkey

Romania

most of Asia, Africa, eastern Europe

Phew, time to hit the road!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 784 of 1,151

Everywhere I have not been is the general answer.

Let's see ...

Maldives, before they are under water (if scientists are correct)

a southern RTW (round the world) trip. Patagonia, Cape Town, Perth, NZ, and Antarctica

Glacier NP, I think is the only NP I have not seen in lower 48.

Mongolia

Turkey

Romania

most of Asia, Africa, eastern Europe

Phew, time to hit the road!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 785 of 1,151
I would like to travel across Canada from one coast to the other. I would also like to go to the British Isles. There is a tour that travels England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. I would really like to do that!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 786 of 1,151

I would like to travel across Canada, starting at Vancouver and going all the way east.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 787 of 1,151

I WOULD LOVE TO TRAVEL TO BORA,BORAHeart

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 788 of 1,151
visit California Redwoods and Yellowstone National Park
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 789 of 1,151

To an island in the tropics during the winter & any island the rest of the year!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 790 of 1,151
I would love to see London, Paris, Rome and Spain, but not on a tour, too regimented. Would love to have enough money and time to do it with a companion in my own way.
Kudos
Views