Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where would you most like to travel?

Message 841 of 1,151

My father served in the South Pacific during WW2,  I would love to visit some of the places he saw.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 842 of 1,151

Having spent time in the area and on small ships I would take something that is a bit "dressy". If going ashore take something besides shorts - some of the island are conservative.  Stick to 1-2 colors and a third for accent - all the usual -things that can be combined to make different outfits.  Light sweater for evenings and save room if you go ashore for a lovely scarf-I find in the warm weather large scarves for "sarongs" are handy -can go over a bathing suit or double in the evening. Take a fold up hat - the sun is fierce there. Comfy sandals - your feet might swell-leave the flip-flops at home.  I could go on for a long time.  Bom Voyage

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where to travel?

Message 843 of 1,151
BTW do they still have real silver in thier money?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Where to travel?

Message 844 of 1,151
Well since i have been to most of the U.S. except Alaska, I would much rather go back to Australia! I love the people, the shops, the atmosphere, the wide open spaces. I even like most of thier foods. One of the things i didnt like was a couple of the laws. One of those are the gun laws. The government could use some tweaking but which one doesnt! I didnt bring this up to bash the country down under. I think it has many of the other counties beat! I really love the girls .. oh birds to the locals. So mate which way to the barbie? Love the sea food too! Until next time G'day
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 845 of 1,151

I would like to visit Okinawa where I served in 1946 and 47.  Then I would like to ride on the canals of Venice.  Then on to Kenya and the national parks of the US.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 846 of 1,151

My dreanm is to go to Hawaii and Maui and to go to Hoover Dam,Mount Rushmore in the USA. My final destinations would be to go Africa to Victoria Falls. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 847 of 1,151
Both my husband and I are 70's and close to our time when traveling out of our country has started to become more and more difficult. For both air travel and the crowded seating and unrest & unexpected terrorist violence in other countries. There are 2 countries that we have always wanted to visit and that is England/Scotland & France. On our own we have been trying to see more of our own glorious, spectacularly beautiful country and we would recommend doing this to anyone.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 848 of 1,151

I would love to Travel to England, where my Great-grandfather was from and also Paris, Jamaica, Bermuda, Aruba, Niagra Falls, but my ultimate vacation is to be able to vacation with my children, their spouses and my grandchildren.

@AARPLynne wrote:
In the U.S. I would love to see more of our national parks in the western states. Overseas, I'm interested in seeing eastern Europe, and Africia would also be on my "leap list".

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 849 of 1,151
I really missed travelling. Wish I did it sooner to have enjoyed the many beautiful sceneries of our great country the USA. I would love to see Paris, Venice, Greece, Milan, Switzerland, Rome, Spain, London, Australia, Japan, etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 850 of 1,151

Ireland, Paris, north & south France, various places/friends in Italy, Prague, Balboa, Portugal, Gallapagos, Hawaii/Waikiki, Olympic Coast Park, Oregon coast/various, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Tuson AZ, Niagra Falls, NYCity/Brooklyn/etc, havetogobacktowork....

Kudos
Views