Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

Re: Where to enjoy vacations?

Message 11 of 17

Most definitely my favorite vaca was a trip to Seattle in 1990, then rented a motorhome and drove to Mt. St. Helen's volcano and on to Crater Lake.  Both sites struck me as showing the power of nature.  Couldn't take my eyes off either spot.  Seeing the steam still rising from the volcano, and viewing the areas of devastation which were coming back to life with new growth.  At Crater Lake, I was awestruck by the color of the water, the depth and the story of how it all formed.  My opinion is that these are 2 must-see spots in our beautiful country.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 17

I'm a National Park fan as I've been to all in the lower 49 and several in Alaska. The best of the best was still a hiking trip from one end of Glacier, Many Glaciers, to the other end, Lake McDonald. We hiked the entire distance, stayed in faboulous Lodges and Chalet without having to carry camping gear. Check it out if you like to hike and enjoy our great country and it's national parks. 

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 17

Yosemite is our favorite national park. Next to it are the monster huge sequoia. Colorado Springs comes in second and third would be San Diego zoo and all beaches.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 17

Agree with Colorado.   Loved Colorado Springs and Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, and all that. 

Santa Cruz, CA is gorgeous.  Anything up and down the Northern CA coast. 

Cannon Beach, Oregon and Haystack Rock.   

St. Augustine, Florida.

I liked Mystic, CT a lot.  Small NE town, much less crowded than other big NE destinations.   Cute. 

Just went to see Falling Water in Western PA.  Winter wasn't the best time, unless you want to ski, too.  But the nearby town of Ohiopyle is cute, with eclectic shops, and hiking past smaller water falls. 

Philadelphia is awesome.  Chicago, Atlanta, Charlotte  as well.  I used to only go to cities.  But I've been enjoying more outdoors vacations in recent years. 

I'm hanging out in Manteo, NC this summer.  Haven't been yet.  Set back from the Outer Banks a bit.  Some kayaking, cut little arts district.  

Wiliamsburg, Gettysburg, for history.    

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 17

I second @alferdpacker's Colorado suggestion. We have it all: road trips, resorts, outdoor activities, museums, stage productions and concerts, wineries, breweries, first rate gourmet restaurants, everything from ancient civilizations and gold rush relics to modern cities and architecture. Let us not forget our jaw-dropping vistas and wildlife galore. Smiley Happy

Whether you want to be in the middle of it or bask in solitude, Colorado can get you there.

https://www.colorado.com

No matter where you go, I hope you and yours enjoy fabulous vacations.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 17

cullenc818712 wrote:

I am keen to read and looking to see few suggestions regarding where to go inside the USA to make my vacations unforgettable for me. I would like to go with family members and want to be sure about that place before heading toward. So, here looking to see your suggestions. 

Depends upon what interests you have and what activities you enjoy.

In the Colorado Rocky Mountains, there are numerous winter sports(23 ski areas) and summer sports as well as scenic mountain regions, ghost towns, old mining camps, and depending upon one's interests, everything from scenic paved drives - (2 of them to the top of 14 thousand foot mountains) to even more scenic unimproved dirt/rock 4wd trails in the high mountains that follow the trails going where miners on foot with burros and with wagon teams traveled over a century ago - some of which you can hire an experienced driver for - and others are DIY...  Lots of rivers including headwaters of the Colorado, the Arkansas, the Platte and the  Rio Grande are in Colorado.    There are 49 other states - a little lower in average altitude, but with attractions worth seeing - for instance - the Cass Railroad in WV, and the Tail of the Dragon (hwy129) along the Tennesse/North Carolina state line...

Lots to see out there...

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Where to enjoy vacations?

Message 17 of 17

I am keen to read and looking to see few suggestions regarding where to go inside the USA to make my vacations unforgettable for me. I would like to go with family members and want to be sure about that place before heading toward. So, here looking to see your suggestions. 

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors