Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 1 of 226

Honestly, The trip which makes me want to comeback immediately is Ha long Bay. Ha Long Bay places in the north east of Vietnam. Which is a wonder of the world. Ha Long Excursion was a amazing trip of my life. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 226

Milan, Italy! The food, the fashion, the shopping. Lake Como is a 1/2 hour train ride away with so much to see in the villages around the lake. The Canal area of Milan is great as well. Seeing the painting of the Last Supper was another amazing sight. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 226

Two places come to mind immediately:  Iceland and Lauternbrunnen, Switzerland.  Sheer beauty.  We have been all around the world and Iceland is our number one favorite.  It feels like the country is one big national park.  One of the few places where you can quickly get away from it all and see geysers, waterfalls, icebergs, black beaches, wild horses, volcanoes, glaciers all within a few hours of each other.

Lauternbrunnen, Switzerland: Try and ebike ride through the Lauternbrunnen and Grindelwald valleys.  For me, one of the most beautiful and peaceful rides of my life. 

Unfortunately, both places are not cheap.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 226

Went to South Africa in 2014, absolutely loved Cape Town and Balule Wildlife Refuge up near Krueger National Park. Would love to go back.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 226
Hi! I am sending you good vibes and some of my luck (I don't have much, but I'll share!) I'm sure you can deal with it and have a good time. I miss being on my own and just being free to do what I want to do. Grab a friend (or not) and go for picnic, just get out and about. 👣🐣🐾☕🍹🌵🌴🌈🌎
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 226

My husband & I traveled to Portugal & it was one of the best trips i've ever been on!!!  We went to Porto, Portugal first & went on the Duro Wine tour that was Fabulous!!! We were only in Porto for 1.5 full day's & i want to go back to explore it more!!!  The food was fantastic, the people very friendly & warm, & it was very budget friendly as far as money goes!!!!  I LOVE their Port Wine that is ONLY made in Portugal!!!!!!!!!!!

We then travled 2.5 hours to Lisbon, Portugal via train & it truly is a magical place with palm tree's waving their leaves in the tropical breeze.  It is the Capital of Portugal so there are more homeless & scammer's walking around, but it still was a wonderful place to visit as well but my #1 is PORTO!!!  I hope to visit there again one day, but have many more places to visit first that are on my bucket list!!!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Boston, MA

Message 7 of 226

@tess6383  So what was yours?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 226

gen1enis wrote:

A curise to Alaska, gorgeous.  I will take it again. I just love it. 

gen1enis wrote:

A curise to Alaska, gorgeous.  I will take it again. I just love it. 

@tess6383  I agree.  It was on my bucket list for a long time and I went last year. I could easily do that again. Denali was breathtaking!  I might travel the opposite way next time.  What was your fav area?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Boston, MA

Message 9 of 226

AARPLynne wrote:

Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 226

Thanks,  I will look into Norway to North Cape.