AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 11 of 226

I agree - a cruise to Alaska is spectacular. If you like that one, you should also try a cruise up the coast of Norway to the North Cape. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 226

A curise to Alaska, gorgeous.  I will take it again. I just love it. 

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 226

Alaska is beautiful. Sitka is not only charming but so full of history. Also Croatia. Beautiful people, water, and again full of history. We enjoyed Dobrovnik most. Old city, no cars, great shopping, and many friendly people.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 226

I have never really been anywhere just a few places  and i have only been a widow sinnce Feb 11 of this year. So I am having g hard time getting back into life by myself I have raised siblings age 15 And si ce married that's all my husband and myself has all my married life together. And I have never lived alone completely  ever in my husband always paid bills . So I am getting use to all the an 18 year old young woman should be doing not a 66yr old woman has to get use to.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 226

DUNN'S RIVER FALLS, JAMACIA

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 226

The Domincan Republic, planning a vacation with my best friend in the Spring, actually thinking of going back there, The people are so friendly make you feel like family! I cried when we had to leave, wanted to stay longer.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 226

Lauterbrunnen Valley, Switzerland. We have lived in different Rocky Mountain states all our adult lives and have hiked in the Canadian Rockies. But the views, the hikes, the 360 degree embrace of the Swiss Alps are unparalleled. For us, being there had us redefining what the word "mountain" means. The entirety of the Alps here was so anesthetizing I had no hesitation to paraglide among them down to the Valley floor.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 18 of 226

Don't blame you! Both are very special places.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 226

ip3285 wrote:

There are two places I'd like to visit again.  First is Ghirardelli's chocolate factory in San Francisco, which probably needs no explanation - close your eyes and imagine rich, fragrant chocolate of all kinds.  Their hot chocolate is delicious and their hot fudge sundaes are huge and scrumptions. 

You can can smell the cholate in the air all over the area!   

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 226

There are two places I'd like to visit again.  First is Ghirardelli's chocolate factory in San Francisco, which probably needs no explanation - close your eyes and imagine rich, fragrant chocolate of all kinds.  Their hot chocolate is delicious and their hot fudge sundaes are huge and scrumptions. My music partner and I used to play music on the street corners and then head for the chocolate factory!   The  second place is The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC.  My music partner and I performed Renaissance/Baroque music there twice for their high tea, and were later treated to high tea from the hotel.  The hotel is charming, and the surrounding area is beautiful, especially Bouchart Gardens and the view of the ocean.