How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 1 of 152 (484 Views)
Did you go as an independent traveller or with a tour? I
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 152 (566 Views)

Colorado mountains.  It is my home state and has spoiled me for wanting to go anywhere else. I love it!

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 152 (772 Views)
We always had a lovely visit in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Between the Mexican military contingency and the local police, safety at any time of day or night was paramount. The city has its own water purification system, so visitors don't have to live on bottled water or avoid beverages in whch local water is included. (No Montezuma's Revenge).
The beaches are lovely...hotels and shops clean and welcoming. We will go again - hopefull - this coming Spring or Fall.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 152 (2,070 Views)

Tucson 20140317_094624.jpg

20140313_183113.jpg

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 152 (2,398 Views)

I have been to loads of places & Cambodia/Viet Nam was always my favorite.  That is, until I took a small boat river cruise on the Irawaddy River through Myanmar.  What a great place to vist now but hate to see it change as more tourists go.  I would go again if money allowed.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 152 (2,549 Views)

I would love to go back to Istanbul, Turkey. An amazing city, the crossroads of trading between East and West. Beautiful churches, mosques, crazy bazaars, nice people, wonderful history. Also I would love to go back to Chiang Mai in Thailand. When I visited Chiang Mai, it was 1975 and the town still fit inside its old walls. We had to bicycle out to the villages where people made laquer ware and silk painted umbrellas; now these villages are inside the town proper. Lastly I would love to go back to Srinigar, Kashmir and book a houseboat on the lake with a view (now and then) of the Hindu Kush. this last wish isn't really possible; poor Kashmir is still a disputed territory between India and Pakistan; not a good place for an American to travel. Maybe next year?

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 152 (2,563 Views)

Balinese are true artists !Balinese are true artists !This was a part of a fence !This was a part of a fence !Welcome to Bali !Welcome to Bali !

I would DEFINATELY go back to Indonesia - specifically Bali.  I loved the people, the land, the food...everything !  I enjoyed several islands in Indonesia and Malaysia but the Balinese people are spiritually closest to my heart.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 152 (2,607 Views)

Macchu Pichu. I hope that I might walk over this ground one more time. There is an overwhelming sense of peace among these ruins.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 152 (2,649 Views)

Newport RI

Super Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 152 (3,022 Views)

Ireland, it’s a great place to visit. Especially during the St. Patrick’s Day celebration.