Retired Community Manager

Where do you go leaf peeping?

Fall is just around the corner with cooler days and trees turning beautiful, warm colors. Where do you like to go to enjoy the colors of fall? Is there a special drive or destination that you return to each year to celebrate the change in seasons?

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Contributor

Want a DIY foliage trip beginning in Boston. What is your advice for planning 2o20 adventure or northeast area
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Boston is anywhere from Indigenous Peoples Day to November for peak. 

Really a roll of the dice. Check with Blue Hills Reservation or local state parks for updates.

Up in Maine it can be same with peak past by Halloween and leaves gone.

Different weather conditions, last year at this time in my area NW Maine leaves were still on trees, then 3 foot blizzard hit. Second blizzard leaves were gone in 3 days.

This year full color Oct 15 here, now their gone.

Best information available on line by state or area. Western MA seems to have same timeline as NW Maine, and White Mountains of NH.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It is such a shame that this weather is going to blow all of the beauty away

0 Kudos
Contributor

WE CAN SEE COLORED LEAVES IN OUR BACKYARD!

0 Kudos

In 2012 my husband and I headed south to June Lake, CA in time to see the aspens turn color. There were a few hardy souls out photographing the trees in the beautiful afternoon light. We had just enough time to make the loop around the lake with plans to see more the next dayOn the road to Lundy Lake.jpgPine Trees in the snow.jpg. Mother Nature threw us a curve however with about 6" of snow so we had to hurry home before the passes closed. I still want to go back someday. 

Conversationalist

We have a place in Richfield, Wi,  Holy Hill, which gives you a great view for miles, plus the trip there is also fantastic.

Contributor

Also one of my favorites!
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I don't go anywhere.  I live in the midst of a hardwood forest so I live the color change!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Look out my kitchen window at the mountains in the beautiful Catskill Mountains, here in Delaware County!

0 Kudos

The Great Smokey Mountains in TN.  Absolutely beautiful! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I like going up on the Cog Railroad at Mt Washington, NH and staying at Mount Grand View Resort in NH.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Blue Ridge Parkway/ Great Smoky Mountains in NC.  Beautiful scenery/ great stops in small towns!

Contributor

Camp Calumet New Hampsire and the Mt. Washington area.  Driving from Portland Maine

0 Kudos
Contributor

I go to Down East Maine. Especially Acadia National Park where you find not only beautiful foliage but the smell of Balsam, lots of incredible rocks and spectacular views of the ocean at every turn. Hiking this time of year is very pleasant. The change in color is delayed this year because of the warmer temperatures. May have to delay my fall trip due to climate change.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Years ago I would make an almost annual trip to northern Michigan to see and be in the midst of the Fall colors.  Now, I am satisfied with watching the trees change right around and in my own neighborhood.  Though not as many trees, the colors are just as vibrant and bright!

Social Butterfly

Saratoga area in Upstate NY near the Adirondack Mountains.  The Maple trees turn blazing.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Flagstaff, Arizona in October, stunning!

0 Kudos

I go out the front door or back yard or drive around in my city of Salem Oregon.

Colors are changing now

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

St. Allan's, Vermont.  It is beautiful and the small town is quaint.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Twenty-five minute drive to the airport in Nice

8-hour flight to New York 

night in a hotel in New  York

6 hour bus  to Rutland Vermont

half hour ride in a rented to Killington Vermont

Open the door of my condo

and spend the next days on the comfy couch

staring out the large picture window at the

MOST BEAUTIFUL SIGHT IN THE WORLD

hdr_00099_0.jpg

hdr_00099_0.jpg

Regular Contributor

Vermont is quite lovely in the fall. That was always our leaf peeking destination.

0 Kudos
Contributor

About 30 mi north of home, the White Mountains of NH

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Out my front door in mountains of Western Maine - near Rangeley or Bethel, or up to White Mountains in NH.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
0 Kudos