Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Where are you traveling to in 2020?

Do you have your travel plans set, or are you still deciding where you want to visit? Will you be going anyplace new or returning to past destinations for vacationing and/or visiting family/friends?

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are making a driving trip from Texas to Virginia to visit family and hometown friends.  Flying while wearing a mandatory mask is no fun. 

0 Kudos

A0A9B44A-D14B-4738-B802-7988A2732559.jpeg

Going Texas, then Oregon in this girl

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I will be going from Washington state to Iowa and we will be seeing family and it will be all new places as I love to drive and see all the views and enjoy meeting new people and seeing new places.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I plan to take a trip across the USA with my husband when he can come across the US/canada border due to covid19 I havent seen my husband so Im looking forward to taking this trip 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Gambling Mecca, Reno, NV or Las Vegas,   My daughter works for Alaska Airlines.  They don't pay much, but they give employees parents and children great perks.  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I'm going to the west coast of Florida. I use to go to Clear Water Beach. But last time I was there it has changed so much. No more nice little places to stay, that are in a nice price range. They charge as much as the places right on the beach! I ,am  to  going further down this time . To St. Pete area. I sure hope this virus is gone by Oct. I am getting old, an  don't know how many more trips, I have left in me!  No matter what you do have some fun!

Social Butterfly

Hopefully once this pandemic is over I plan on traveling to the East coast, saw a really nice piece of land in Greer, S Carolina. Hoping to place a bid on it in the following days. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well I was able to get a cruise in before the shutdown. Everyone was screened for temperature before boarding in Miami and hand washing /sanitation was everywhere.  Sailed March 8-15 on RC Oasis of the Seas. Visited Labadee Haiti , Costa Maya and Cozumel Mexico

The captain announced that Thursday it was the last cruise. We made our last stop that friday in Cozmel20180112_145852.jpg. Saturday was a scheduled sea day anyway.  It was wonderful!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We where going to Italy with my sister and son. When things stared happening in Italy we cancel our trip 2 weeks before we scheduled to leave. Larry

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, this year I wanted to go back to the UK. But things took a turn for the worse with covid 19 and got diagnosed with an illness I will have to get treatments for. I'm 65 and after having been very independent for most of my life I'm now being told by my adult children to stay put. They have all been very helpful and are doing all the shopping and running errands for me. 

I hope this is over soon. Stay safe everyone.

Lily

Gold Conversationalist

Dear Lily,
I am 64 and a native Californian now living in Florida. You are so very fortunate to have such wonderful children. You seem to have survived divorce without much sorrow. What was the breaking point in your marriage? I am considering ending a 30 year relationship but have no family or friends to support me. I have been in poor health for the last 18 months. The only thing that keeps me going is faith.
Hope you are feeling better.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi thanks for the compliment. My adult children are wonderful. I attribute that to staying in the marriage so they could have stability. It was difficult but rewarding now. However, I have to say that no one gets out of divorce unscathed. I've been in the Behavioral Health field all my life and have been trained to self care. Knowing everything I know about self care it was still difficult as I only wanted one thing and that was to have a happy family. I was married for 34 years and I had to approached divorce in a way that gave me value as a human being with lots to offer life. So, during the hardest time during the divorce I took another part-time job at Macys and volunteered my services to those who were less fortunate than myself. I found that some people were just trying to exist with even just the basic needs and I had been fortunate to have a career and family as long as I had have. I thanked God for everything and kept that at the forefront during the whole divorce. There was infidelity in my marriage and that can rob you of your self worth. I fell in that trap and I dealt with it in an unhealthy way for a while. You are a valuable human being with lots to offer. Things get muddled during the divorce and you forget your strengths. Have gratitude and make a list of all your strengths and believe in them. I get lonely sometimes and wish I had someone to talk to but I get myself off that pity pot real quick because it sucks the life out of me. I'll be a support system if you would like. Take one day at a time and pray for peace in your life.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well, we were going to go to Iceland.  I guess I will wait and see what impact Coronavirus continues to have on travel options....

Contributor

Iceland just dropped all corona virus restrictions nationwide.  We also want to visit Iceland.  What a beautiful place!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thailand 

Contributor

My wife & I are starting our retirement traveling adventure by driving from Houston to Sonoma to stay in a 30 day AirBnB.  Our primary draw to the area besides a more pleasant climate is the Memoral Weekend Napa Valley Bottlerock festival.  This will be our third year at the three day music festival where we have aquired VIP tickets to get a little seperation from the GA crowd. 

After this first month in Sonoma, we plan to spend the next four months in AirBnb 30 day rentals in Reno/Tahoe area, Santa Barbara, Malibu/LA area and San Diego.  We plan to tour these areas on my Harley (trailered from Houston) and see as many live music venues as possible.   

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Japan to visit our son who is studying in Kobe.  We will do Tokyo, Kobe, Osaka and Kyoto.  Really looking foward to it.  My father was MP in Kyoto right after WWII.  I have a picture of him in front of a shrine that is still standing. Need to take a picture here. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Travel plans have been set by our son who has been there times before.

0 Kudos
Contributor

We are going to Italy in March for a week and half. Our son is going to be stationed in the area and he wants use to see where he will be. Of course it will be nice to see the area, as I never been there.

0 Kudos

Ocean City, New Jersey

0 Kudos
Contributor

March 1st I will take a Road Trip to Memphis Tennessee, Williamstown Kentucky, Cincinnati Ohio, Montgomery Alabama and end the Trip in New Orleans Louisiana.  Last month, I went to the Chiefs/ Texans game in Kansas City, stayed a couple of days in Oklahoma, and spent the weekend in Austin Texas.  I have plans to spend a week in New York late September.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Florida (first time there) to attend my Son;s Doctoral graduation ceremony and to tour the state -- then to Oklahoma to visit my dear friends.  Then off to Wisconsin to visit friends and see the sights.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

We are taking a transatlantic cruise in the late summer from Amsterdam to Boston, with stops in Norway, Iceland and Greenland.  We have been to Amsterdam before, but all other ports are new to us.  We actually will be leaving the ship in one port in Iceland and driving to see more.  Then embarking on the ship two days later (on the other side of Iceland).  Really looking forward to this trip as this has been on our bucket list.

We just got back from a trip to Nevada . It was wonderful we went to Grand canyon ,Hoover Dam, Red rock cayon,and more. So much fun.Got to visit with my cousin that lives there.Our whole trip was wonderful.

This Summer we spent most of it at our cabin.

Not sure where else we will go. My Husband loves to surpise me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Leaving in 2 weeks for a cruise from Buenos Aires, around Cape Horn, to Santiago, Chile.  Then in September, flying to London for a Baltic cruise, with 2 days in St. Petersburg. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Anywhere would be great!

0 Kudos

Vietnam December 26 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm joining a group of retired ladies for a ten-day tour of Ireland. Our Irish travel guides are frequent visitors to this beautiful country and are sharing their knowledge and familiarity with us.  

Contributor

My travel days are over.  I have been on many travel adventures;  England, Scotland, Wales, Egypt, Australia (twice), New Zealand, Fiji, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico (many times), and my favorite place in the world, Tanznia (twice)--besides many places in the US.  However, I am no longer able to travel as I have congestive heart failure and macular degeneration.  I do have my videos, photos, journals, and memories.

Nancy
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP