Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Where are you traveling to in 2020?

Do you have your travel plans set, or are you still deciding where you want to visit? Will you be going anyplace new or returning to past destinations for vacationing and/or visiting family/friends?

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I are going to take a one-month trip to Europe in mid-May.  We will visit old home exchange friends in Madrid, then visit with more friends in Barcelona.  After that we will take the train to Baden-Baden, Germany for a one week home exchange.  Thane we will travel to Berlin for four or five days.  We we will wind up our trip with another home exchange in Denmark.  These will be our 35th and 36th exchanges.  I can't wait to see old friends and to spend time with new ones.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am SO excited! I have never been on a cruise before, but somewhere around November,  I will be boarding a cruise ship heading down around Nassau in the Bahamas. I can hardly wait! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Contributor

Oberammergau Passion Play!

I wanted to go see that play so bad but didn't know how to make it happen in the short time we will be in Germany? love, love, love....I hope you enjoy it.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Unfortunately, not able to do much of any travels this year. I am a caretaker for my spouse. He is unable to travel due to dialysis and he is in need of a kidney. Hopefully one day I will be able to travel, always wanted too not extensively but a little.

Contributor

I'm taking my two grandkids to Disney World, in Orlando Florida.

0 Kudos

Cruise -  either Caribean or down The Big Muddy

0 Kudos

planning on a trip to Utah, las as and california in may for a little business and pleasure

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

My husband and I are taking our son and his family to Gatlinburg, TN next month.  This will celebrate my 60th and our son's 24th February birthdays.  Looking forward to family time and relaxing in our rental cabin in the beautiful Smokie Mountains.

Periodic Contributor

Consider a stop in ashville, nc; which is on the other side of the park. The whole area is beautiful!!

In May, I will be taking Amtrak's Southwest Chief from San Bernardino to Kansas City for my daughter's graduation. I will then fly back to Palm Springs after a weekend with friends and family. The best part is that the tickets and hotel are all covered by loyalty points I have amassed over the years by doing online surveys! 

Periodic Contributor

I used to take the Santa Fe train from Barstow to Chicago and back every summer to work in Wisconsin Dells.  Haven't been on a train in the US for 45 years.  Did London to Paris and Paris to Madrid a couple of years ago.  High speed trains are great.  Was thinking I might take a train from San Francisco to Seattle, but when I found out it was almost a 24 hour trip I said never mind.  Certainly isn't a high speed trip.

0 Kudos
Contributor

In February, my husband and I are headed to Lake Lure, North Carolina. Wondering whether anyone has suggestions for things to do and see. We love outdoor activities!  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Husband and I are planning a trip to Florida. We want to get away from the Wisconsin weather, he is planning on renting a motorcycle so we can enjoy our time there.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Hubby and I are taking a quick getaway in February to Jamaica. Then in May we are going to the Galรกpagos Islands, Ecuador and the Amazon. We will finish out the year with a cruise tour in Norway and Finland. Travel in 2021 already being planned!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Started the year with 3 girlfriends with a trip to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to see the beautiful Christmas lights, Dollywood, the shows and dinners and after Christmas shopping~!  then flew to Miami and hopped on Norweign Sun for a sunny warm trip to the Bahamas!  April takes me to Gatlinberg to do the Dragon Tail with my husband in the corvette and San Antonio with the girlfriends to see Fredericksberg  and the beautiful spring flowers.  In May taking my 12 year old Grandson out west to see the Rockies, Yellowstone, river rafting and up thru south Dakota to the momuments.. and Crazy Horse.... Sepember a group of us headed to Iceland to discover a new country and the Northern Lights and finally in December the old ladies bus trip to Brandon for a christmas tour!  lastly and undecided my daughters bucket list is Eqypt in December...do I go or not? 

Spoiler

CocoCay Bahama Cruise with my daughter and her family. We'll be gone an entire week of children's Spring break on this cruise and we're all excited

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Returning to Costa Rica.  It is a beautiful country with the friendliest people.  

Traveling with my daughter 2 granddaughters to Pensacola Beach, Fl. this summer.  

Contributor

Traveling to California by myself. To New Jersay with my family. Alaska with friends.

10 days in Morocco in November followed by several days in Portugal.

Taking a Cruise to Bermuda in August....So excited and blessed!!

Contributor

January-5 lovely, warm days in San Diego

April-VEGAS!!

May, June, July-Long weekend driving trips-local-North Shore, Door County, etc-1 each month

We are traveling to Cabo!! 

We will be traveling through Germany for 2 weeks in May.  We will start in Frankfurt to Berlin then to Hamburg and then Cologne and then Belgium and back home.  We are excited because we get to see 3 of our exchange students during this trip.

We also love to take our RV out on trips and will be visiting McKinney Falls, Jamaica Beach, Port Aransas and Camp Huaco.

Of course who doesn't love to gamble a little ๐Ÿ™‚  We will be taking a couple of cruises this year starting with a solo cruise on Feb. 6th

Periodic Contributor

We are going on a 11 day cruise to the Caribbean in February n a 9 day cruise to Panama in November.

0 Kudos

Planning on traveling over to the British Isles and renting a car and driving around the countryside.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Somewhere Iโ€™ve never been
0 Kudos
Contributor

Somewhere I've never been before 

0 Kudos
Contributor

we are taking our RV and traveling to the midwest states this summer.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP