Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Where are you traveling to in 2020?

Do you have your travel plans set, or are you still deciding where you want to visit? Will you be going anyplace new or returning to past destinations for vacationing and/or visiting family/friends?

0 Kudos

We are going to Nashville, TN in April to celebrate our 2nd year anniversery. My wife has never been to Nashville, so this will be an exciting trip for both of us!

In February, I am visiting Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC with my sister and two cousins.  In April, I am visiting Tigard, OR (a Portland suburb) to celebrate my granddaughter's 6th birthday.  I live in Tucson, AZ.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I are going to Switzerland during mid-July to ride ALL of the trains in that country. It's a tour offered by Vacations by Rail and and discounts based on AARP membership are offered,

My daughters and grandkids are traveling to Outerbanks, NC in August. We have rented a large Airbnb home and we will rent a car. We've never been there before but the beaches look fabulous and we are all looking forward to this trip for fun and relaxation!

vicky

philadelphia

0 Kudos

Plan to travel to Louisiana this year for family reunions at July. Myself and the family. We will also be visiting friends , New Orleans French market with my kids.

@VickiM68 wrote:

Do you have your travel plans set, or are you still deciding where you want to visit? Will you be going anyplace new or returning to past destinations for vacationing and/or visiting family/friends?

y

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Portland, Oregon to see my best friend of 40 years!! (WOW!) I'm not sure if I'll try to take a train or fly.

Can't wait.

Contributor

I am going to Tenerife, Spain in the Canary Islands in February. I am staying at my timeshare resort. I have my passport but, need to update my license and do the TSA Pre-check. I also made appointments with the bank to check on currency conversions and to let them know my travel plans but, I have not booked a flight yet. Has anyone been? Does anyone have any tips or any other comments that I should be asking?

Thank you, Kim

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

That sound super exciting .

i would try and book your flight as soon as possible . I always use Skyscanner 1st for the whole month to see which days are cheaper.

Then I check those dates I want to fly with other sites like Expedia etc to see how they compare. 

Have Fun.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for the website and also should I get the insurance?

Thanks again, Kim

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My daughter is taking me to Paris Athens Santorini and Rome.

any tips while in Greece?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In Athens, don't miss the changing of the guard at the ...maybe it was the Presidential Palace. I'm still trying to figure out how they marched like that.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Not leaving California.  Plenty to do right here in my own state.  There will probably be trips to Boulder Creek, Ben Lomand, Santa Cruz, San Francisco for gigs with the Purple Tiger Band.  Also other cities in California.  A Reno trip for Grandson's wedding in June.  But that's as far as we go. 

Contributor

Want to cross country in rv

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Car rental for 2403 Little Ben Road on 1-25-2020
0 Kudos
Contributor

Spain - San Sebastián and Barcelona. Any tips are appreciated. 

Contributor

When in Barcelona walk Las Ramblas, Visit Sagrada Familia, Visit La Boqueria & enjoy the food and scenery. Take a cooking class. Eat lots of Tapas

0 Kudos
Contributor

Rhine River Cruise, Amsterdam to Basel.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Rhode Island

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Also going to visit relatives before and after our trip to Alaska.

Periodic Contributor

Alaska, by way of Singapore

Trinidad and Tobago

Would like to travel in Grenada 

Contributor

Fort Walton Beach, Florida first week of May. I used AARP discount on stay!

Contributor

@VickiM68 wrote:

I will visit family I'm still deciding what day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I are traveling in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia doing research for our little tour company badetours.com.  We know Cambodia very well and have be leading tours there but don't know Vietnam and Laos nearly as well. So this is a fun trip. We've already made some mistakes because of a new change in Visa laws this year just 18 days ago we didn't know about. But we are back on track now! 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Augusta GA

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

February, Baja California to go whale watching and explore the desert; April-? Malta, Northern Provence and the Aveyron in France

Contributor

I am going to Tembe National Elephant Park in South Africa on a volunteer trip with Wildlife Act

in April. Check it out at

wildlifeact.com

Super Contributor

I'm with my family in a gorgeous chateau in the Cognac region of France! It's amazing to be here in this huge and beautiful 17th century home on 300 acres. And we are staying here for free via Homeexchange.com. The husband who lives here is from Los Angeles, and when his wife requested an exchange for my little L.A. house, we couldn't say no. Home exchanging isn't for everyone, but it works incredibly well for us. We've stayed in Amsterdam, Cambridge, Paris, San Sebastián (Spain) plus several places in the states, without paying anything for accommodations. Pretty cool. Later this year we will be attending a wedding in Vermont, and completing an exchange in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. Otherwise, little weekend trips this year whenever we can. We love to travel! And yet I'm kind of a homebody too Smiley Wink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP