Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize. Nominations close March 31!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What was your favorite vacation?

Message 1 of 13

Taking a plane from Des Moines, Iowa to Las Vegas. We went mgm grand that’s the favorite show we loved and best burgers is in and out

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

My best vacation.....I flew from NY to Dallas, Texas to be there when my first grandchild was born.  A memory I will never forget.  I was there for my daughter and my granddaughter.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

We were very fortunate to be gifted a week in a time share in FL on the Gulf coast in a very exclusive area. We opted to go in August since our two daughters were able to have that time free as well. We learned most folks do not go to FL in the summer--cause it's too hot! So the complex which was quite large, was not very occupied. It fronted right on the beach, which was a few minutes walk from the front door. The complex has a pool, a hot tub and what amounts to a private beach since there were few folks staying there at the same time.  The small town on the island was not very busy, most of the small shops were open, as well as a few restaurants which had great food.  We had to buy groceries before crossing the toll bridge to the island!  TOll was $5 per car!  To my amazement, the water of the Gulf was more warm than one could expect! AND clean! (Unlike it is now due to algae and dead fish littering all the beaches in the area!)  One of my personal pleasures is to swim 'au naturel'... so once in the water, removing the loose suit gave me that freedom!  It was delightful!  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that more folks swim that way since there is limited access for the public to these gorgeous white sand beaches!  It was a great week and we were happy there were not many folks around!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

My favorite was the very first Carnival Cruise I went on with my two daughters. It was the Imagination out of Miami, so I flew for the first time in my elderly life on Delta airlines. Apilot gave me some silver wings that I cherish. Since then, we have gone on several cruises, but the marvel and awe is not quite the same. It takes me two years to save for a cruise, but I will be on the Carnival Sunshine on Oct. 19 of next year with bells on!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

My favorite vacation is Kansas City, Missouri because they have Worlds of Fun there and Las Vegas 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

I had lots of wonderful vacations short or long, small towns or big cities but I must say the best vacation ever was this year in June with Viking River Cruise from Budapest to Amsterdan.

What a trip!  They treat you like royalty, attend to all the needs and all the employees are always ready to go the extra mile to help you.

And the route and tours that the company prepares for you are unbeliavable, the tour guides are very professional, know their stuff.  You also have other tours that are optional that are very insighful.

The people I met at the ship were very gracious and made friendships, I enjoy every single breakfast, lunch and dinner and the singing and dancing after dinner was so much fun!

Litta Smiley Happy)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

The best vacation I have ever taken was recently this Feb. 2018 to Israel. I went with a group - Global United Fellowship - Bishop Ellis and his brother Pastor Delton Ellis. The fellowship was great, the tour guides were great and Gods land is absolutely marvelous!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

My wife and I spent a week in Sedona AZ. We loved the red rocks, felt like I was in a John Wayne movie. We rented Razor off road racers and explored the backcountry and had a ball. We took a day and drove to Winslow AZ and of course stood on the corner. The mayor ought to hire young ladies to drive around in flat bed fords and take pictures, they’d make a mint.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@dh32732066

That sounds like a great experience. I went on my first safari in May in South Africa (Kruger). I loved it and want to do another one. Maybe next time I'll do a walking component too instead of just in the vehicle. I hadn't thought about the different perspective you get on foot vs. in a truck. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

My favorite vacation of all time is when I went to Italy.  My favorite city in the world besides New York is Florence.  The richness of culture, arcitecture, art, music and history as well as amazing food is something to be experienced.  The people were warm and welcoming.  I went alone because the person I was supposed to travel with had a family crisis and had to back out.  The people on the tour bus were very kind to me and made sure I was included in all aspects of the trip.  We stopped at an ancient castle where we had a wonderful dinner and there was music.  The bus driver came to me and asked me to dance.  How lovely.  Started the trip in Milan, went to Lugano in Switzerland and then traveled south to Venice, Florence and Rome stopping in some of the towns along the way like Piza and Asisi.  A must see............Beverly G.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users