When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite regional food in the U.S.?

Message 31 of 44

Boudin Balls!!  Usually from Louisiana. They are like zatarans dirty rice mixed with pork, rolled into a ball the size of a meatball.  They are then rolled in corn meal and deep fried. Soooo yummy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 44

Pasteles from Puerto Rico.

“If you don’t like the position of the moon, go up and change it!” -African Proverb
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 44

In the south blueberry and/or peach and/or blackberry cobbler. #1 is blackberry cobbler, however I live raspberries

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 44

Since I am from the South, it is the food of the South.  If you are ever driving through the middle of Mississippi down Hwy. 49 south, a few miles out of Jackson, Mississippi near the town of Florence, is a restaurant in a big white dome called Jerry's Catfish House.  It is outstanding.  The fried catfish cannot be beat.  The side dishes are also excellent and tasty.  Hushpuppies, turnip greens, fried dill pickles, french fires, sweet potato, onion rings, gumbo, cole slaw.  You won't be disappointed.  Jean Roberts

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 44

You can't forget to mention a pork roll, (taylor ham), egg and cheese sandwich on a hard (Kaiser) roll.

With a slice of raw onion it is a breakfast favorite.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 44

I’m with you for a deep dish if that is the craving, and you are right Chicago is it. We used to drive up to Chicago on weekends for pizza and a baseball game.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 44

Tony Packo’s in Toledo, Ohio has been serving authentic Hungarian food since 1932. Jamie Farr who played “Maxwell Klinger” in the TV series M*A*S*H gave Tony Packo’s Cafe worldwide fame when he often boasted and craved about Packo’s having the greatest Hungarian hot dogs. They are made from a special recipe using a flavorful Hungarian sausage and they are delicious.

At the other end of the state in Cincinnati, Ohio is home to Skyline Chili. It was founded by Nicholas Lambrinides a Greek immigrant in 1949. Skyline chili is not like your typical chili con carne. It is usually served over spaghetti with a unique appealing secret sauce that I think has a hint of cinnamon added to it. You can top it with cheese or onions. Delicious!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 44

Jersey tomatoes. There's nothing quite like them anywhere in the country. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 44

What's your favorite regional food in the U.S.?

ANY MEAL in NEW YORK city.

Go into a Pub anywhere in the city.  It is the best "pub food" in the country.

Go into a Chinese resturant in the city.  It will give you the best, chinese, you ever had.  Ditto every ethnic category, Italian, ( Mama Leone's), Greek, ( any resturant named Zorba's),  Ethiopian,  Mexican, you name it.

It is all created by people from the source country, who use the freshest ingrediants avaliable in the world.

I Love "NewYork" FOOD. 

Sincerely Glenn D Anderson

Who lives close enough to the city to appreciate the gift.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 44

@MaryW296161 Gotta admit--I'm a Chicago deep-dish pizza fan. I love NYC, but for pizza--Chicago's the yummiest.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users