Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite country?

Message 1 of 20

@ColleenR89054,

Spain has been my favorite country for years. I'm fascinated by the history and cultural/landscape diversity, love the language and lifestyle, and have enjoyed living there (twice) and exploring all parts of the country (except the islands).

Why is Spain your favorite country? Have you been? If so, what parts?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

Colombia and Norway

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

Spain 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

Canada. Beautiful geography/landscapes. Clean. Friendly people. Courteous drivers. Two main languages. 

I like something about everywhere I travel, though. In the US, so far, Colorado is my favorite. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Switzerland!! Just got back a little over than a month  ago. The most beautiful countryside I've seen.  Of course the mountains are the high point,  but the valleys with all the cute houses are interesting too. Their train system is fantastic. You can go almost anywhere in such comfort,  so much better than a overpacked airplane!! And the schedules make it very convenient. The only drawback is that it is quite expensive in general. . Count on about $100 for basic dinner for two. And that's for chicken or pork; steak or lobster will set you back more. However , you have to try the fondue. And you won't be able to resist the chocolate. So save up your money and don't miss it.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

My wife and I visited Portugal for 5 weeks in Jan-Feb 2018. We spent a week in Lisbon at a GREAT small hotel, and then rented a car and drove to the Algarve region in the south. We rented a fully furnished home there.

There are a couple of things that I brought home that I will long remember. The first and most important was the friendliness of the people. There were a couple of times we found ourselves in a pickle (ie. Couldn't find parked car after exploring) and locals were willing to go out of their way to help. A second memory is of beautiful Lisbon. There was too much to do and see. And the history lurking everywhere......

John

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

My favorite country to travel in and around is the good ol' U.S. of A.!!! Now, granted my travel has been limited to the U.S. and Canada, but I feel there is so much to see and do here, I could spend the rest of my life touring here and never see everything that I might imagine to see.  But the places I have already been to and the things I have already seen here, excite me to do more travel and explore new places.  Hopefully, I have many more days, years of excursions in me.  At least, I intend to keep going until my "goer" gets broke for good!  Smile.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@NateSalant  That's great that you have a love for a country that you know so well. Jerusalem is also one of my all-time favorite cities. So much history and culture! I'm hoping to go back again either next year or the following one.

We'd love for you to share a bit of your knowledge on our Trip Reports thread: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Destinations/Share-a-Trip-Report/m-p/2098834#M11451

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

My favorite country to visit is without question Israel.  I have extensive knowledge of the country, especially Jerusalem, and would be glad to answer questions, make hotel recommendations, share best practices, etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

i wish to visit Africa in the near future.  How can i save money??  I need every discount i can get!  lol

Kudos
Views