Community Manager
Community Manager

What’s Your Bucket List Cruise?

Have you cruised before, or are you thinking about cruising for the first time? Either way, we want to hear what your ultimate cruise would look like. Feel free to include details like cruise line, destinations, excursions or themes.

Just don’t forget to include your name, where you live and why you consider this your bucket list cruise. And if you’ve already taken your dream cruise, be sure to include a photo of your trip.

Your bucket list cruise could be selected and featured on aarp.org to inspire others in February!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My bucket list cruise would be to charter my own sailing yacht with experienced crew and cruise the Indian Ocean from Mauritius to the Seychelles.

But, if that’s not doable, a Windstar cruise in Fiji and any small ship, luxury cruise through the Baltic Sea.

“If you don’t like the position of the moon, go up and change it!” -African Proverb
0 Kudos
Contributor

The caribbean.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A cruise out of Boston, all inclusive with a destination of the islands...  Jamaica, Bahamas, Turk & ?

anyway I hope you get the gist 🤙

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

When I was a teenager I used to cruise the drive in restaurants in hopes of meeting girls.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Bermuda

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Dec. will be my 5th cruise with my two daughters, both in their 50's. We always cruise with Carnival Cruise Line because of the relaxed and fun atmosphere as well as the cheaper prices. We get a balcony cabin because my mobility is limited and I can enjoy the ocean from there.. The Europe, Asia, the whole Med. Rubylightening
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The last sentence should have been, "We have only cruised the Bahamas and the Caribbean so far, but I would love to go further afield, to Hawaii, Alaska, the South Pacific and Australia.Europe and Aisia and the Med, would be great.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I wish to take part on those cruses where everyone on board lets loose to have it all! There was a company that offered these cruses. I think it was called "Bare Bear Cruses" or something like that!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Any cruise is a good cruise!

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Going to Alaska

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been on several Caribbean cruises but my bucket list cruises were in the Mediterranean on small ships. Athens to Istanbul through the Greek Isles,  Venice and small ports down the Adriatic, Venice to Istanbul different Adriatic ports, Greek Islands and Turkish ports. I travel alone and small ship cruises are  comfortable, casual and the other passengers are more friendly and sociable than on large ships.   

Periodic Contributor

First time cruise recommend short cruise with USA departure to see if you like cruises in general. To Caribbean or Mexico for green and tropical. Use Cruise Critic.com website for research on different lines and ships to see where you would be most happy.
Contributor

I too will be traveling alone. Will you olease send meinformation on how to find the smaller ships to cruise on? Thanks.
Robinkw
rbnkuypers@gmail.com
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I will be traveling alone too. I am interested in how you found out about small boats for your cruises. I want to go down several european/eastern european rivers but not in a big boat.

Any information is appreciated.

thanks,

Robinkw

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Robinw- All river cruise ships are fairly small and casual, unlike ocean cruises. Check out river cruises available via Grand Circle and Vantage travel. Check out CruiseCritic website for info and reviews on cruises. My Med. cruises were on Windstar and Oceania
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I always wanted to go to Alaska.  I was finally able to go on a cruise last May to see the glaciers.  That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  If you get the chance, you should go!  Getting close to glacierGetting close to glacierglacierglaciersorry duplicatesorry duplicatebeautiful scenery from deck of shipbeautiful scenery from deck of shipsign from top of mountain in Skagwaysign from top of mountain in SkagwayKetchikanKetchikanBald Eagle sitting on post in front of shipBald Eagle sitting on post in front of shipbeautiful waterfall before glacierbeautiful waterfall before glacierglacier calvingglacier calving

Awesome pics. Thank you for sharing.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The fjords of Norway in a balcony room. 

Contributor

That and around New Zealand, esp focusing on their sounds (fjords).
0 Kudos

Germ free!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I’m really happy to start seeing Adult only cruises but an AARP Cruise/Con would be my vote. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

What's /con?

0 Kudos