Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What’s Your Bucket List Cruise?

Message 11 of 23

Any cruise is a good cruise!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23
First time cruise recommend short cruise with USA departure to see if you like cruises in general. To Caribbean or Mexico for green and tropical. Use Cruise Critic.com website for research on different lines and ships to see where you would be most happy.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23
That and around New Zealand, esp focusing on their sounds (fjords).
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

Going to Alaska

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23
Robinw- All river cruise ships are fairly small and casual, unlike ocean cruises. Check out river cruises available via Grand Circle and Vantage travel. Check out CruiseCritic website for info and reviews on cruises. My Med. cruises were on Windstar and Oceania
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23
I too will be traveling alone. Will you olease send meinformation on how to find the smaller ships to cruise on? Thanks.
Robinkw
rbnkuypers@gmail.com
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

I will be traveling alone too. I am interested in how you found out about small boats for your cruises. I want to go down several european/eastern european rivers but not in a big boat.

Any information is appreciated.

thanks,

Robinkw

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23

I've been on several Caribbean cruises but my bucket list cruises were in the Mediterranean on small ships. Athens to Istanbul through the Greek Isles,  Venice and small ports down the Adriatic, Venice to Istanbul different Adriatic ports, Greek Islands and Turkish ports. I travel alone and small ship cruises are  comfortable, casual and the other passengers are more friendly and sociable than on large ships.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

I always wanted to go to Alaska.  I was finally able to go on a cruise last May to see the glaciers.  That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  If you get the chance, you should go!  IMG_5045.jpgGetting close to glacierIMG_5060.jpgglacierIMG_5060.jpgsorry duplicateIMG_5132.jpgbeautiful scenery from deck of shipIMG_5167.jpgsign from top of mountain in SkagwayIMG_5243.jpgKetchikanIMG_5291.jpgBald Eagle sitting on post in front of shipIMG_4967.jpgbeautiful waterfall before glacierIMG_5060.jpgglacier calving

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

The fjords of Norway in a balcony room. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors