Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Info Seeker

Re: What’s Your Bucket List Cruise?

Message 11 of 20

Going to Alaska

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 12 of 20
Robinw- All river cruise ships are fairly small and casual, unlike ocean cruises. Check out river cruises available via Grand Circle and Vantage travel. Check out CruiseCritic website for info and reviews on cruises. My Med. cruises were on Windstar and Oceania
Info Seeker

Message 13 of 20
I too will be traveling alone. Will you olease send meinformation on how to find the smaller ships to cruise on? Thanks.
Robinkw
rbnkuypers@gmail.com
Info Seeker

Message 14 of 20

I will be traveling alone too. I am interested in how you found out about small boats for your cruises. I want to go down several european/eastern european rivers but not in a big boat.

Any information is appreciated.

thanks,

Robinkw

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 20

I've been on several Caribbean cruises but my bucket list cruises were in the Mediterranean on small ships. Athens to Istanbul through the Greek Isles,  Venice and small ports down the Adriatic, Venice to Istanbul different Adriatic ports, Greek Islands and Turkish ports. I travel alone and small ship cruises are  comfortable, casual and the other passengers are more friendly and sociable than on large ships.   

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 20

I always wanted to go to Alaska.  I was finally able to go on a cruise last May to see the glaciers.  That was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  If you get the chance, you should go!  Getting close to glacierGetting close to glacierglacierglaciersorry duplicatesorry duplicatebeautiful scenery from deck of shipbeautiful scenery from deck of shipsign from top of mountain in Skagwaysign from top of mountain in SkagwayKetchikanKetchikanBald Eagle sitting on post in front of shipBald Eagle sitting on post in front of shipbeautiful waterfall before glacierbeautiful waterfall before glacierglacier calvingglacier calving

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 20

The fjords of Norway in a balcony room. 

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 20

I’m really happy to start seeing Adult only cruises but an AARP Cruise/Con would be my vote. 

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 20

Germ free!

Highlighted
Community Manager

What’s Your Bucket List Cruise?

Message 20 of 20

Have you cruised before, or are you thinking about cruising for the first time? Either way, we want to hear what your ultimate cruise would look like. Feel free to include details like cruise line, destinations, excursions or themes.

Just don’t forget to include your name, where you live and why you consider this your bucket list cruise. And if you’ve already taken your dream cruise, be sure to include a photo of your trip.

Your bucket list cruise could be selected and featured on aarp.org to inspire others in February!

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.