Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What movies have motivated you to travel?

Message 1 of 38

Can it be a book that may be turned into a movie? "So Happiness to Meet You: Foolishly, Blissfully Stranded in Vietnam" makes me want see Vietnam and it's people. The book is so funny and heartwarming.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

When I watch a movie I get "into" it. I'm a missionary. I'm always ready to travel. My job says otherwise though. Once a year India here I come. Ideal plan!

Ruth Robinson
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 38

"After Words"

A withdrawn librarian who hasn't traveled or taken chances in her life travels to Costa Rica for one last Harrah before she commits suicide.

i watched this by accident but was immediately intrigued and surprised by the beautiful scenery, the various sites and activities, as well as the diverse number of animals and birds.

But the "chilled" laid back attitude, openness and acceptance of everyone by the people was also enticing.

For someone who had spent more than 30 years in a cutting edge high technical field, a very stressful and highly competitive environment, as well as traveled around the world since I was 17, this appears like a great place to relax but remain active on vacation.

I've never been one to sit on a beach and get a tan

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

In Bruges. What a charming town. Hope I make it someday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38

Summer Lovers has always made me want to go see the Greek Islands but also, Under the Tuscan Sun inspires me to look into spending some time in Tuscany.  The Blue Lagoon actually inspired me to go to Fiji.. but I so want to see some other South Pacific islands.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

The Last of the Dogmen,  the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Filmed in Alberta, Banff and other locations in Alberta.  Finally took the trip 10 years later.  Stayed in Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper.  Did not disappoint.  The most amazing views in all of my travels.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

I don't  , I am now 50 years old can't work do to back ^ legs.  I have never in my life taken a vacation or traveled . Which I'm for sure it will never happen either . But  i always tell people  1 day before my time comes. I'm  going to make it to see a beach and ocean for my very 1st time in my life . But I know that is 1 dream or thing that wil never happen . 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

Under the Tuscan Sun.  I love the transformation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

IF YOU BUILD IT..........HE WILL COME....

THEY WILL COME TO IOWA.

I want to go to the baseball field built for Field of Dreams, my all time favorite movie.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

Under the Tuscan Sun is the best!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users