Retired Community Manager

What is your ideal winter holiday getaway?

Do you travel for the holidays? If so, is it to visit family/friends, to vacation, or both?

Or, if you don't, where would you like to go for the winter holidays--A Christmas market? A Christmas cruise? A new place to ring in the new year (where?)? A skiing trip? The Southern Hemisphere for summer weather?

Have fun dreaming and share with us your ideal winter holiday getaway.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

MAUI, HAWAII.................the weather, the beautiful scenery, the beaches, the "far-out" places to go to and enjoy, the wonderful restaurants (both expensive and inexpensive)!  Truly a Paradies from the word "go."   Laurie

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Sullivan Island Beach, Charleston SC. Walking the beach, good food, peace and tranquility. Just returned it was awesome. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I usually spend time with family and friends at home

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

My bed with a down comforter.

0 Kudos

Caribbean 

0 Kudos
Contributor

a SNOW-COVERED CABIN WITH A FIREPLACE AFTER A SNOWFALL, BUT NOT CURRENTLY SNOWING SO i CAN WALK OUTSIDE.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Off subject, I'm just wondering if AARP has become a broker for various products, and all they care about is making money off of seniors?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I splite my holidays visiting my 2 adult children. We live in MI so we don't see them in person very often, But we spend Christmas with my daughter Katie and her wonderful husband Brandon and my 2 sweet and lovable granddaughters. They make my days so joyful.They live in Tampa Fl. So after a week with them we drive up to the appliation mountains to Hendersonville NC (near Asheville) where my son lives. We have fun going up in the mountains, some years there is snow and some years none (but that is okay because we see enough in NE MI. We have a fun NYE party with his friends and then after a week we make our way back home with beautiful memories of our yearly holiday.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My husband and I love to go to Pigeon Forge, TN at Christmas to Dollywood.   Their Smoky Mountain Christmas is awesome.  Everything is decorated in lights.  It is so entertaining.  Better yet rent a cabin and after a full day at Dollywood cozy up by a fire at your Dollywood cabin.   Heaven on earth!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would go to the Mii Amo spa resort in Sedona, AZ.  Luxurious pampering with massages, wraps, lotions, and creams would be paired with spiritual renewal in the midst of vortexes and mountains. Healthy food, meditation, chanting, yoga, lectures....I am a caregiver and would really love some quiet alone time in a beautiful setting.  I hope everyone gets their ideal holiday getaway!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I'll spend a few weeks in my northern isolated cabin in the woods.  The ice fishing should be great and I'll snowshoe to a nearby waterfall that should be frozen by that time.  The bears will be in hibernation so they won't be a threat.  Nature abounds there unspoiled by man and will provide more than enough food for the two of us.  Once we get a fire going in the fireplace we will be plenty cozy!

Kudos
Views

A cabin in the woods up in Colorado with snow all around and me by the fireplace with a nice brandy and steak.

Regular Contributor

The North Pole, I'd wave good bye to Santa on Christmas eve, then drink some hot chocolate in front of the fireplace and wait on Santa's return.

0 Kudos

I live in the EAST!!! I would love to visit my family (daughter, son-in law and granddaughter in CA and take them all to Disney. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I would love to vacation in Santa Fe, NM! Nice weather, good food, friendly people, great culture. What a way to ward off the IN winter blues.

~Sharon~

I do not have money to go on vacation but would love to go to New Zeland.  I have never been on a vacation so I really dont know where I would go.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@CindyJ648696 wrote:

I do not have money to go on vacation but would love to go to New Zeland. 

I'd love that my self, especially this year or next (too upsetting here in my home country).

Just to be in a different hemisphere but without a language barrier. I would so like to taste their local favorite foods and experience their parks and libraries, just for comparison's sake...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to just be able to go to a Southern state where it is warm for the winter months That would be a prefect holiday getaway 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would love to go on a cruise. I'm disabled and can't go places. Thank you.