Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What do you love about county fairs?

Message 1 of 11

The Mid State Fair (San Luis Obispo county) in Paso Robles, California. Great entertainment, good food. It's not as big as the L.A. or Santa Clara County Fairs, it's judt the right size.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

I love the small town atmosphere of the county fair.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

i have 1 heartwarming memory of the county fair:

dad and i went every year the fair was in town

my dad is gone now and i miss him and gramma mary lots

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

I love the fried dough that fairs have and their pizzas,and other foods.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

I love all of the greasy, sugary, salty, fattening, fried, and high calorie foods and drinks that I can no longer have, but have fond and longing memories of like this...Image result for pic of elephant ear with powder sugarElephant Ear! Ummmm! Yum!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

What we like about the fairs are the animals.  It's a different experience to see how chickens or rabbits are judged and to see the kids grooming them and all so hopeful of taking home a prize. Old fashioned fun.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I remember going to the SRS of ST Dominic Blauvelt order of NUNS who taught me as a child, I would take the red and tan buses from Port Authority get off @ 496 Western Highway Blauvelt NYC, on their motherhouse grounds, outdoor county fair every year, win money prizes, eat good food there too, they run it every last Saturday of each September each year,  chat  with the srs listen to the music, the proceeds go to their upkeep of the Motherhouse of the grounds, the elderly SRS infirmary, go to mass in their chapel at the end of the festival been doing that for years , now I cannot but i remember all the great times we all had up there, every year in September,

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

The food and entertainment I used to take my Son when he was little and we always enjoyed the rides also ,and we played the games to.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

I have many fond memories of taking my daughter to the county 4-H Fair each year.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

I grew up going to the 4H Fair every summer.  It was so exciting to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl and the Scrambler, screaming and laughing at the same time.  As I got older, I'd go with a boyfriend who would try to win a giant stuffed bear or knock down some bowling pins to win a prize to impress me!   I ended up moving far away from any type of summer fair but still remember them fondly.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors