Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Washington, DC's Cherry Blossom Festival

Message 1 of 4

John and boys at Cherry Blossom Festival (2).jpgMy brother John and his boys at Cherry Blossom FestivalJohn and Laura at Cherry Blossom Festival (2).jpgJohn and wife Laura at Cherry Blossom FestivalMy brother John Wordlaw (R.I.P) loved the Cherry Blossom Festival and went every year.  I visited with him at his home in Maryland in 1995 and the CBF was one of the first outings we had. I was amazed by the beauty of the trees and the cherry blooms. It was a special time I'll cherish forever.  I didn't get to take any photos of the cherry blooms that year, but here are some pictures of my brother John and his family at the festival either in the late 80s or early 90s. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Actually I have a small cherry orchard up at my timber frame hunting lodge so I can have my own cherry blossom festival.  The guests love it!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

This year's Cherry Blossom Festival is underway--now until April 14. Find out more info about events here.

Who has seen the cherry blossom trees around the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC? Do you have photos to share?

Blossoms.jpgBlossoms2.jpg

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Washington, DC's Cherry Blossom Festival

Message 4 of 4

It's that time of year when those gorgeous blooms come out—along with throngs of visitors and locals to view them. Flower epicenter is the Tidal Basin, but you can see the blossoms all around town.

Do you have cherry blossom photos to share? Any tips for avoiding the crowds or a special viewing spot or activity you enjoy at this time of year?

You can find out about all the events for this festival, including the parade, here.

Kudos
Views
Replies