You can help to pick the winner of the 2018 Movies for Grownups Readers' Choice award! Vote now for your favorite film.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Visiting Disney World

Message 1 of 5

3 years ago my wife and I (70 and 74 at the time) took a trip to Florida and spent 6 nights at one of the DW resorts - loved it - all inclusive (if I remember corectly about $1700.00) so I feel it was actually cheaper than going somewhere else - anywhere maybe - and staying in a motel/hotel, buying food 3 times a day, snacks, drinks, paying admission to parks, musuums, atractions, shopping, driving here and there, parking, etc. We wents on some kind of plan that included breakfast, lunch, and a wonderful dinner. Drinks while going to the parks each day.Fast passes each day, any park we wanted each day, free transportation and where in the DW complex. Fireworks each night. On and on and on. We spent another week (6 more nights) in Frorida seeing the sights, and playing on the beaches before heading home. That week cost as much as the 6 nights at DW and was not nearly as fun and was more tiring to boot. We went the middle of September so we misses the summer rush, and we will go again, next year if we are able.

While we were there everyone was so friendly and nice, and it was so clean. Never and trash, not even a dead flower or plant. How do they do that! We never saw any landscaping people or people cleaning up

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Recently went to DW with my wife in April and stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. The hotel was very nice, rooms clean, comfortable, and quiet....albeit overpriced. Be prepared, this is DW, everything is very pricey. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We enjoyed all 4 parks. Keep in mind the parks are normally very crowded with long lines for rides and food especially at each park marquee attractions. Magic Kingdom being the worst for crowds. Make sure you get fast passes for the rides, it helps. If possible stay away from DW during peak times of year, crowds can be extreme, and it will make it very hard to have an enjoyable experience. All in all we had a very nice trip and will return.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

My last trip was this past January. Took my 9 year old neighbor and we both had a fantastic time. We splurged and stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a week. We were upgraded to a ‘partial savannah view’ and it was amazing! It really made our trip. We spent lots of time watching the animals eating and playing outside our room. At night, around 8pm, fireworks went off for about 15 minutes at one of the Disney parks. Truly amazing! Got some great pics of them, too. I told myself that the hotel would be a one-time spurge but I can’t imagine not staying there again!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

My husband and I have gone several times without the kids! It’s a great place for all ages! In fact, we are planning our next trip for March 2019!  Plan to stay on the resort and buy the meal plan. There is truly something for everyone!!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Visiting Disney World

Message 5 of 5

Have you been to Disney World? If so, what is your favorite thing? Who did you go with (a multigenerational trip with family, friends, spouse, other)?

Or, if you're planning a trip, check out AARP's Orlando destination guide for tips and information: https://www.aarp.org/travel/destinations/united-states/orlando 

Kudos
Views
Replies