From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Traveling With Grandkids

Message 1 of 4

We started with our oldest grandchild doing special vacations of their choosing when they turn 10.

the oldest 2 boys went to Chicago museums, next granddaughter went to Branson, then another grandson went to Gaitlinburg Tennessee.  

plus we have taken 2 cabin rental in the Black Hills for all kids and grandkids plus kids friends.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I don't travel far, just within miles from home, but I started this last year, where I do a grand-ma-grand-daughter (son) date, it's a one-on-one, and it's either on their birthday to give the parents time to arrange whatever party they are having for that specif child or on any given weekend. I let them choose whatever they want to do, movie, breakfast/lunch, ice cream trip, bike riding, fair, clothes shopping, park, amusement park, or just spend the day/night together. the other children do no feel bad as I also do take a few or all often, to the park, movie, to my house, family/friend parties.

They Love this new thing that I started and both, them and I, look forward to that day, which we had set up a few days or weeks ago.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

We do this every summer. Parents not usually included...gives them a break & the child a break from parents. Often we take 1 of our 4 individually so they have a solo bonding time with their Grammy and me. This summer it is our youngest granddaughter who's 12 for her first airplane trip. Then later in summer, our olest grandson who's 19 for his first visit to Mexico where we're retired and living. We only visit and see the grandchildren once annually and make it their special time with us.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Traveling With Grandkids

Message 4 of 4

Do you vacation with your grandkids? Do their parents come along too?

Skipped generation trips are becoming more popular nowadays. Jo Ann Jenkins explains how this can be a great opportunity to not only spend time with family, but also promote learning about the history of our country, and possibly even transform their lives.

Tell us about your grandkid vacations.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season