Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Super Social Butterfly

Re: Summer Vacation: Where Are You Going?

Message 1 of 8

My lake estate in the Adirondacks provides me with a continuous vacation!  

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Summer Vacation: Where Are You Going? Alaska

Message 2 of 8

I Have been on 6 vacations in areas of alaska.  Once wth my Younger sister A 4 night cruise in the Prince William Sound  It was wonderful  The Glaciers , animals Otters, Seals. Salmon , Bald Eagles .     Visited Whitter, Valdez and Cordova,  Saw a School of Salmon Sharks.    Then on to the Land Talkeena. Denali , and Mt Mckinley.  Grizzlies, Moose and Elk  A Badger, and Dall Sheep,   This summer A good friend  Beverly and I will see a lot of Denali and the area then on to the Kenai       

Pennisula to lands end in Homer,  the Russian Influence in Soldana, the Glaciers near Seward and the Whales.. MM

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 8

I live one hour from beautiful Kentucky lake right outside of Paris Tennessee. We bought a fishing cabin about 8 years ago for weekly escapes with fishing,food family , shopping, as the main agenda. We have been to many places in the states but this is by far the best.The four full seasons offer breathtaking views.Trails for hiking are avall able as well as civil war history. I take vacation year round!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 8

I did my thesis on the community of Newburyport, MA, and had a wonderful time going through the cemetaries in the area.  My undergrad thesis was on Colonial Lexington.  The cemetaries are a goldmine of information on the diseases that spread through the area as well as the demographics of the population.  The historical societies in the towns have been an unbelievable resource.  I love the New England area.

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 8

Wonderful! Your itinerary sounds great (I have lived in the NorthEast since 1975).

If you are a history buff, take in some of the old butial grounds too. Did you mention Lexington and Concord. New England has a plethora of riches to offer, whether it is natural beauty, musiciams, churches, ...

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 6 of 8

A group of friends (all history buffs) and I are going to tour the historic settlements in the Northeast. We are going to Plimouth Village, Mystic Village, Sturbridge Village, Strawberry Banke,  and we are going to dry to get to Lake Champlain andthe Erie Village in New York, but we may not have time for the last two,  We met as we were studying for our Master's Degrees in Early American History so this will be a great trip for us. Lots of laughter, good food and greatt times with great friends.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 8

Salt Lake City, UT