Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Summer Traveling Vacations?

The only trip we are planning will be sometime in September.  We're calling it our "Very Belated Wedding Road Trip" to see family and friends in California. 

How about your Summer plans?   ---  Christine

Kudos
Views
Replies
Bronze Conversationalist

Great name for the trip Christine! I think that's a great idea. My wife and I didn't get to celebrate our 25th anniversary 2 and a half years ago due to our caregiving responsibilities and the pandemic so maybe this will be the year. The Mount Washington hotel in NH has always been on our bucket list. and whether it happens in the summer or fall works for us.

Conversationalist

Mount Washington! The first train trip I (very vaguely) remember!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@AvocadoDog  I've always wanted to do an overnight train trip, was wondering how well you would be able to sleep.  Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint made it look so glamorous in "North By Northwest!"

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't know about sleeping on trains in the US, but I've slept in Harry Potter type compartments on European trains, and it was restful (as soon as the French soldiers in the compartment with me settled down.). LOL 

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA Share the story.  You know you want to.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP